“Clean, good internet, free food close to the airport”

Staybridge Suites Denver International Airport
Ranked #25 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed March 16, 2012

This hotel is one of a cluster of large hotels right by the Denver Airport. There are several restaurants close by. I stayed here 3 nights and was upgraded to a nice corner suite. The hotel is clean, has a free breakfast bar with waffles, bacon, eggs, oatmeal, cereal, fruit and yogurt. On at least Tuesday nights they have a complimentary happy hour which seems to draw a number of people. The happy hour includes chips, cheese, and sliced meat, so you could theoretically survive there only buying yourself lunch. The food was good, not outstanding, but ample. The internet connectivity was very good. The staff was very pleasant and eager to please. My only complaint was that I did not get a wake-up call two out of the three nights I asked for it. That is the only reason I ranked the service only average.

Room Tip: I had a room on the main thoroughfare and it was still quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

David B,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the very good! Whilst I am pleased with the good and the really good comments, I truly value the bad comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we already do. We will address these points and I hope that when you return you will see the improvements that have been made.
Thank you again for your review.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Easily accesible airport hotel with excellent shuttle service. Rooms are nice, warm and clean. Staff are helpful and it is a good choice.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
StaybridgeDIA, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Thank you, una1982, thank you for taking the time to write such kind words about our hotel. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. I will definitely pass along the kind words to my staff. We hope to see you again here at the Staybridge Suites!

Reviewed March 10, 2012

I lived here for two weeks on business.

The Good: The hotel was very clean, has a nice laundry facility, a generous breakfast offering, large rooms. The suites have a wetbar. Each room has two TV's with what seemed like 100 channels, dvr, with one in the bedroom and the other in the living room. Both were located on a turntable for optimal viewing from a distance. Bed was comfortable, closet and bathroom a decent size. Full size refrigerator, smallish stove (too scared to use it) coffemaker, dishes, utensils and towels. Wi-Fi connection is very good. Small exercise facility conveniently located next to the laundry room with a TV, so you can work out while washing your clothes. Room temp control is a bit confusing at first, but worked very well once I figured it out.

Location: You are in the middle of nowhere. There is a small shopping center with a King Sooper grocery store 5 miles down the road also a sportsbar and a handful of small restaurants nearby. Most are not within walking distance especially if freezing out. For a long term stay, I would definitely rent a car, and parking is ample. Apparently, there is a liquor law in CO, and you can only purchase certain types of alcohol (wine) at various hours and only at liquor stores.

The Bad: TV went out in the living room (but I had another in the bedroom), housekeeping is supposed to do a light cleaning daily and missed 3 days out of my two weeks even after I informed the front desk. The rooms by the pool smell like Chlorine, so I moved.

The Real Bad: The shuttle. You need to sign up at the front desk to claim your spot. If not, you are left behind, ESPECIALLY if coming from the airport to the hotel. We had to compete with the airline crews and those that used the hotel for long term parking. There are 3 shuttles, but they only use one and are WELL AWARE of this problem. They don't care if you are standing in the freezing cold -14 degree wind chill with wet snow. Well, at least one driver in particular didn't. Average time for a shuttle to pick us up was 25 minutes.

The front desk has one gal we nicknamed Sour Puss. All the other folks were very friendly and helpful.

The second group coming in opted to stay at the Country Inn Suites due to the shuttle debacle. Other than the bad, overall it was a nice pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the Suite if available.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
StaybridgeDIA, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

Dear sfuji1,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to write a review on Trip Advisor. It is such a great tool for travelers such as you. I use it every time I travel.

As an extended stay guest, it is great you had an opportunity to use so many of our amenities. I never really thought of the benefit of being able to do your laundry while you work out due to the closeness of the two spaces, great tip.

I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast as well as the extensive tv line up. I think that is a great benefit to extended stay travelers. It makes it more like home.

I am sorry we missed servicing your room on a few different occasions. I will do some follow up with my team on that item. The Staybridge Suites process is that we do a light touch in your room Mon-Fri and a full clean one of those days. We do not service rooms on the weekend unless you request is, then we are happy to light touch or full service. It sounds like we may have missed it a couple other times, I am so sorry about that.

In terms of the shuttle, I am so sorry you had a bad experience with the shuttle. We do request that our guests sign up for the shuttle, this ensures we have enough space on the shuttle and don't have guests scrambling at the last minute to get a spot. If a shuttle is full, we will try to accommodate a guest at another time slot. We do have multiple shuttles but run only one most of the time as that seems to be enough for our guests and allows us to provide consistent shuttle service. Our goal is to be at the airprot within 30 minutes of your call. Our front desk team tries to give you an ETA for the driver so you do not have to wait outside in the cold. Again, I do apologize if your shuttle experience did not meet your expectations. We are always looking for ways to improve our service and we will look into your concerns a bit more to see if there is anything we can do to improve.

Thank you again for your feedback. It is not only helpful to other travelers but to us as well.
Amy K Melcher

Reviewed March 6, 2012

I had to check in overnight after a spinal tap at the University of Colorado. We
were able to check in early. I could not figure out the coffee pot ( my error ) and
I called the front desk. Within three minutes Housekeeping arrived with a new
pot as well as a fresh brewed cup of coffee. The hotel in fairly new, very clean.
Breakfast buffet the best I've ever had....scrambled eggs, bacon, fresh fruit
waffles, all types of cereals, bread and muffins. Beautiful lobby with fireplace.
We booked a 1 bedroom suite. Just like home, living room, completely equipped
kitchen, nice bathroom, two very comfy double beds. Book here; you wont be
disapointed. Oh yes, I will be staying here again the end of the week just one
night before we leave on a cruise. Very close to the airport, free parking for
guests and shuttle both ways !

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
StaybridgeDIA, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

jan1942woodland, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am so glad you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast buffet. I will pass along compliments to my staff for their speedy assistance. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay, we look forward to seeing you again at the end of the week!

Reviewed March 2, 2012

I had a layover in Denver and my Travel Agent found this hotel that was recommended on TripAdvisor. The hotel was very clean, very quiet and the rooms were well appointed.
The airport shuttle service runs every 30 minutes and was complimentary.

On check in, (friendly and helpful) I was encouraged to enjoy their Happy Hour with free beverages and tacos.

The hotel is great...my only complaint is the poor TV reception (grainy and static).

Very good place to stay...maybe a little more costly, but throw in the free dinner (if you get there in time) makes this hotel a decent value for an overnight at DIA.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
StaybridgeDIA, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

WannaTravelNeedMoney, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy our Manager's Reception and our complimentary shuttle service. I will absolutely pass along to our team to keep up the great work. We are currently working on switching over to HDTV, which would help solve the TV issue. We expect it to be completed in the coming weeks. Another great thing is we are very close to upgrading our internet as well. Again, thank you, and we hope to see you again next time you are in Denver.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Needed an airport hotel for my family of five due to an early morning flight. I was hoping to book on points, and when a 2BR 2BA Suite popped up at the regular points rate, I grabbed the room. Check in took 1 minute, room was large and perfect including 3 flat screen TVs. A few restaurants nearby, including a Ruby Tuesday, made this a great location. I will definitely seek out this hotel again when I need to spend the night near Denver Airport. I did not use the following amenities, but they were all included. Breakfast, shuttle service and breakfast. Overall, very happy with hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
StaybridgeDIA, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2012

Dalsemer, thank you so much for taking the time to write such kind words about our hotel. Also, thank you so much for your loyalty as a Priority Club member! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel for your early morning flight. We can't wait to see you again when you need a hotel near DIA! Hopefully next time you are able to enjoy our delicious hot breakfast buffet! Thank you again!

Reviewed February 15, 2012

The Staybridge is a good alternative to the Embassy just a block away on Tower Road in the Hotel district close to the airport. Good value, newer building, appointments just a little less expensive. Happy hour from 5-7 included free beer and wine and the night I was there they also had BBQ hotdogs with toppings, chips and salsa, and a salad bar. There was almost a Cheer's like atmosphere in the lobby during this happy hour with much conversation going on. Room was well appointed (see pictures). Full kitchen with full-size fridge, microwave, sink and two burners, but no oven. Flat screen TV's in both living area and bedroom. Beds and pillows were very nice and it was very quiet. Check in and check out was handled well by the clerks. Didn't us the pool or work out room, but both looked clean and larger than I expected. Nice job Staybridge!

Room Tip: There are 2 rooms suites as well as 1 room suites (more like regular hotel rooms).
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
StaybridgeDIA, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Vgroten, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review for our hotel. I am so glad you were able to take part in the Social Reception and enjoyed your suite as well. The Social Reception is definitely one our guest's favorite amenities Tuesday through Thursday. I will let my team members know to keep up the great work as well. We hope to see you again next time you are in Denver!