“Great food, beer and atmosphere”
Review of City O City

City O City
Ranked #33 of 3,136 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 5, 2010

This place has the great food, atmosphere and service that its sister restaurant "Watercourse" lacks. They don't skimp on the cheese and flavor. Great selection of pizza's, microbrews and pastries. Try the sweet potato cinnamon rolls!

Reviewed March 31, 2010

I was really disappointed in this cafe. A friend and I went primarily for coffee and dessert.

My coffee (with free refills) tasted burnt and was pretty thin (think coffee flavored water). The Ho Ho cupcake that I got was far too sweet for my liking. They had no basic, plain-old chocolate cupcake. It was either the Ho Ho with lots of sugary cream and icing, or the Cookies and Cream, also with lots of sugary topping. My friend got a molasses cookie which was pretty basic.

The only redeeming part of our visit was the mocha my friend ordered. Though a medium was pretty small, at least it was delicious. It was probably one of the best mochas I've ever had.

Reviewed October 15, 2009

As a vegan, I've found that finding a restaurant I would enjoy returning to time and time again is quite a challenge. Lucky for me, though, I've found City o City, and it's most definitely one of those restaurants!

Their miso salad dressing is AWESOME. And their margherita pizza is so yummy that I have ordered it the last two times I've eaten here.

The atmosphere can be a bit on the loud side, especially after 5pm -- but as long as you're not looking for a quiet, peaceful atmosphere for your meal, it's just fine.

If you ever do make it to City o City, I CANNOT stress enough how absolutely positively MANDATORY it is to have (at least) one of their chocolate chip cookies that they sell up front before you leave. They are absolutely amazing -- soft without being too soft, just the right amount of sugar to make them sweet without being overly sweet, and they're nice and big as well. Seriously. Those cookies are AWESOME.

And lastly, though I've never been here past 10pm, City O City is open until 2am seven days a week for all you nightowls....

Reviewed August 9, 2009

This place is very casual. A lot of young people. Art on the walls. Pretty good food. Pizza and Mediterranean food are some of their specialties. Good happy hour. The server was aloof yet attentive. They should label their walnut spice stuff on the tables, my girlfriend had an allergic reaction.

1  Thank yogurt777
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 3, 2008

Love the casual atmosphere, service is great, food is tasty (although vegan items are a tad more limited than one might expect), it is all around one of my favs.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook