“Great Breakfast place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We chose this restaurant because it was a highly rated vegetarian/vegan restaurant. While my daughter is vegetarian, I am not, but we both found the food to be excellent. Ate breakfast here twice, the first time I ordered an omelet with the vegetarian 'sausage' and my daughter ordered the breakfast burrito. Both dishes were ample sized, delicious and very reasonably priced. The service was a little slow, but not unreasonable. The second time, I ordered the city breakfast, eggs, biscuit and potatoes with green chile sauce. Just a warning, their chile sauce is very, very spicy. This time the service was excellent. Just as I was about to ask for more coffee, more coffee appeared. We also picked up blueberry muffins and coffee another morning and these were also excellent. We did not have dinner here but judging from the breakfast fare, I would guess dinner is pretty great too.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Great bar like cozy atmosphere. Beer/cocktail list is impressive. Awesome happy hour deals 4-6pm. Food was amazing. Must see for vegetarians in Denver.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We were looking for a highly rated vegetarian restaurant, convenient to the Pepsi Center and settled on the City O’ City, which is situated just south of the Capital on 13th Street. Parking is convenient around the area. We were also wavering between the Water Course which has the same owners, but a different menu.

We arrived around 7 PM on a Sunday night and had about a 20 minute wait for a table. I wouldn’t go to this place is you are in a hurry. While not a slam on the service, everything seemed a little slow, first greeting by the server, order placement, arrival of food and beverages, getting the check, etc. I think the whole experience is planned to be slow and leisurely.

Son and his GF are both vegetarians, and wife and I are “eating healthier” so the menu here is perfect. In fact, I would say masterful. Any time I can only narrow down my entrée choices to 6 or 7 different things that really sound good is a success in my book. We tried the Seitan Wings, which I declared as “Nuts” to the rest of the table. Seitan is a byproduct of wheat gluten, and is used by many food cultures as a meat substitute. The pieces of Seitan were cut like chicken fingers, probably deep fried (not so good) and served with two incredible sauces. Wife and son both had the Udon bowls which were delicious and somewhat spicy. I had the Kimchi Stew, which was excellent. I was tempted to pick up the bowl to get the last of the spicy broth. The GF had the BBQ Burger; a piece of dry rubbed tofu, probably again fried, served with a spicy pickle relish on a Kaiser roll. She shared a bit of the burger with me and I coldnt believe how good it was. Although tempted, we passed on dessert.

I would like to visit again, less pressed for time, to try one of the yummy sounding pizzas.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

This restaurant was buzzing with activity when I arrived mid-week around 12:30 - music, friends, wait staff... The staff were very friendly and helpful when making my selection. I found the food tasty but they were very large portions. I ordered the scrambled tofu burrito. Unfortunately, I got more refried beans than tofu. Hence, the reason this wasn't a 5 in my rating. I would go back again... I'd just be more specific when ordering.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Although I was on a budget while visiting Denver, I was able to try a couple of appetizers and their beer. Loved everything. I also had the chance to look at the dessert options they have , which seemed pretty good! I look forward to visiting again and trying more of their menu.