“Carnivores welcome”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of City O City

City O City
Ranked #35 of 2,986 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
The ATL
“Carnivores welcome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Perhaps the best vegan/vegetarian friendly restaurant I have ever been to. Owned by a chef and the menu is a 14 year work in progress. Eclectic vibe, great mix of people, and check out the happy hour food and drink specials.

Please come to Atlanta!

Oakland, California
“Great variety of vegetarian options!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

This place has an excellent menu for vegetarians, vegans, and anyone with dietary restrictions! I ate here with my wife, who is vegan and gluten-free. She ordered the savory waffle, which she absolutely loved. I had the Fork and Knife Sandwich, which was decent, but a little too thick and heavy. The "meatloaf" part of the sandwich is served on a soft pretzel, which is a great idea; the gravy is what makes the dish heavier. The atmosphere in the restaurant is very hipster and casual, the service was great, and overall, the food was delicious.

• Visited July 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Healthy and delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was dining by myself, so sat at the coffee bar, which actually worked out fine because there was quite a wait for tables. I can see why this place is so popular. Service was friendly and helpful with suggestions on what to order from their many delicious sounding veg options. I had the BBQ plate, with a tofu steak, kale greens, and vegan mac n cheese, and I was not disappointed. The tofu was well marinated and cooked through, and the homemade bbq sauce was great. The kale wasn't overcooked, and the macaroni sauce had an interesting flavor (the server confirmed that it was coconut oil- you wouldn't necessarily think of coconut flavored mac n cheese, but it worked). After seeing all the desserts in the case up front, I had to try some of the vegan key lime pie. I haven't had key lime pie since going vegan a few years ago, and it was amazing. The coconut whipped cream added a nice tropical flavor. I wasn't all that impressed with Denver as a destination, but City O City makes me want to return.

Visited September 2013
Denver, Colorado
“We love this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Lovely and consistent food every single time that we go here. The kids love the place, even though it only serves a vegetarian fare. The beer selection is also good, although I would love if they could add Hercules from Great Divide to the menu (they have Titan). We love the seitan wings and have it every time. Yesterday we had the pizza (tapenade olive) which was great! Desserts are always good.

“Best vegetarian restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

The pizza picture is decieving. I didn't realize it was vegetarian- thought it was just another pizza parlor. I was so delightfully surprised to see spaghetti and mock meatballs, quinoa house made burgers and fries ( real deep fried ones) and a wide selection of alcoholic beverages, wines and beer. I had the El Jefe burger, their house burger with an onion ring, BBQ sauce, cheese and a fried egg (I got the tofu to sub the egg) and a side of fries. YUM!! Gluten free bread options are available too! So pizza, although a wonderful thing in its own right, does not truly express its true niche in the roster of restaurants in Denver. Give it a taste for yourself.