“average vegan fare served by snooty hipsters” 3 of 5 bubbles

City O City
Ranked #33 of 2,974 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“average vegan fare served by snooty hipsters”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I am really feeling my age (36) writing this review. I cannot for the life of me figure out how someone can think that it is a pain in the rear for you to come and pay $ to eat at the establishment they are employed in. We are a family of 4 Husband, Wife, and 2 young girls from southeast TN. We make sure our children stay seated through the entire meal, do not play with condiments, make loud noises, and politely order their own food. We make friends easily and travel quite often but when in the city I guess we have the plague! I dont know if it was the rudeness of the entire restraunt that made the food less appealing but if you aren't a "hipster emo nerd" or whatever these people that cannot find pants the correct size are calling themselves now then don't go here. Maybe you could disguise yourself by buying some knitted caps before going in and get good service I dont know.
Food was interesting and someone put a lot of time into the research and preparation of this. There were 8 of us and everything was good, not excellent, unique and served fairly hot.
For being downtown Denver and listing themselves as a bar the beer selection from tap was limited but good quality.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bradleydme

Paonia
“Great food and staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

First time here although my son and his wife frequently come here due to the vegetarian fare. The food is an eclectic mix of american, asian, indian, etc. I had some fried veges, liked them except the dill pickle. My wife had a bowl of noodles and stir-fried veges, in a nice sauce. Overall, not too spendy and the staff were well trained and responsive, kept the water glass full! Music a bit loud for my taste, but at 62 years old, I am not a hipster like most of the lunch crowd!

• Visited May 2013
Madison, WI
“Great place for a vegetarian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Nice downtown location, extensively vegetarian menu, I'd recommend this place. A bit hipstery, but, overall nice.

• Visited April 2013
Minnesota
“Great Place Even for Non-Vegetarian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I ate here with a vegetarian friend while visiting Denver and really enjoyed this place. I ordered a pizza but wish I had been a bit more adventurous. The food was excellent.Good beer selection as well. There is a really laid back, nice vibe to the place.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“even a meat eater would be pleased”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

All vegetarian but tasty. The vermicelli salad was hot and spicy, the pizza hearty and the onion rings to die for. It's a few blocks from the Denver Art museum and has that art school vibe. The space is open and inviting and the food is great. It's also open after all of the lunch only places nearby have closed.

• Visited March 2013