“Vegan and Gluten Free”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I had visited Denver about 3 weeks ago and visited Watercourse and loved the food and atmosphere. So, when I had heard that City o City was re opening and was vegetarian we had to try it out. Love this open space. Very nice. We visited twice in 3 days. First time my mom (gluten free) had an amazing omelette with mushrooms, yummy light cheese and amazing light salad to go with it. She really couldn't stop raving about it. I had the Vegan Basic, sans tofu and eggs and added sauteed greens. Yummy green chile with my breakfast potatoes and corn tortilla and amazing salad! The greens were perfect addition. Love French pressed coffee and the Ethiopian blend did not dissapoint. Second visit we brought my 6'2" 20 year old son who is an omnivore and he couldn't even finish the breakfast burritto. I had the basic again , this time with the most amazing yummy biscuit! much tastier then the corn tortilla and my mom had the oatmeal. (she does like the oatmeal better at Watercourse, but it was good, too.) Don't know when we will be back, but City o City and Watercourse are always on the trip planning. Thanks! and both servers were absolutely flawless and knowledgeable. Great job!

There are newer reviews for City O City

Reviewed June 13, 2011

I work close to this place, but have been going to it ever since its bigger and sister restaurant Watercourse used to be located here. The vibe here is very hip, and its not uncommon to see people hanging out all hours of the day/evening. I am vegetarian, so I've eaten here a few times for lunch - they have decent sandwiches and pizza. I like the tempeh bacon sandwiches the best. However, what makes the place stand out is their bakery. A few people in my office swear by their sweet potato cinnamon rolls, but I don't particularly care for their breakfast goods. Their sweets, however, that is a different story as it all rocks! My son and I were there last weekend for frosted sugar cookies, but we both love their cupcakes and peanut butter cookies and I have taken those home on many occasions. Their baked goods are vegan, which surprised me as I certainly wouldn't have known otherwise. Seated service is pretty friendly and quick, but I've found that people at the counter/register just aren't all that nice. Unfortunately, that is not limited to just one person, which is too bad. Prices are a little high compared to area quick serve restaurants (but that is Quizno's, Panera and Tokyo Joes), but I think the food quality makes it worth it.

Reviewed December 5, 2010

This place has the great food, atmosphere and service that its sister restaurant "Watercourse" lacks. They don't skimp on the cheese and flavor. Great selection of pizza's, microbrews and pastries. Try the sweet potato cinnamon rolls!

Reviewed March 31, 2010

I was really disappointed in this cafe. A friend and I went primarily for coffee and dessert.

My coffee (with free refills) tasted burnt and was pretty thin (think coffee flavored water). The Ho Ho cupcake that I got was far too sweet for my liking. They had no basic, plain-old chocolate cupcake. It was either the Ho Ho with lots of sugary cream and icing, or the Cookies and Cream, also with lots of sugary topping. My friend got a molasses cookie which was pretty basic.

The only redeeming part of our visit was the mocha my friend ordered. Though a medium was pretty small, at least it was delicious. It was probably one of the best mochas I've ever had.

Reviewed October 15, 2009

As a vegan, I've found that finding a restaurant I would enjoy returning to time and time again is quite a challenge. Lucky for me, though, I've found City o City, and it's most definitely one of those restaurants!

Their miso salad dressing is AWESOME. And their margherita pizza is so yummy that I have ordered it the last two times I've eaten here.

The atmosphere can be a bit on the loud side, especially after 5pm -- but as long as you're not looking for a quiet, peaceful atmosphere for your meal, it's just fine.

If you ever do make it to City o City, I CANNOT stress enough how absolutely positively MANDATORY it is to have (at least) one of their chocolate chip cookies that they sell up front before you leave. They are absolutely amazing -- soft without being too soft, just the right amount of sugar to make them sweet without being overly sweet, and they're nice and big as well. Seriously. Those cookies are AWESOME.

And lastly, though I've never been here past 10pm, City O City is open until 2am seven days a week for all you nightowls....