“Afternoon Tea at the Brown Palace”

The Spa at The Brown Palace
Ranked #3 of 51 Spas & Wellness in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: You deserve the Royal Treatment. Natural spring water drawn from our own artesian well serves as the main ingredient of The Spa at The Brown Palace. Experience tranquility and bliss in our private couples and celebrity suite with a dual hydrotherapy tub; massage and skin treatment rooms; separate men’s and women’s locker rooms with relaxation areas; showers; steam rooms; and a nail and hair salon.
West Palm Beach
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Afternoon Tea at the Brown Palace”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

*This review is just for the tea service at the hotel.

I must say that I was delighted to have afternoon tea at the Brown Palace Hotel. I have had high tea in England before and this was just as lovely. For $32 per person, you receive tea, three types of finger sandwiches, two types of scones, Devonshire Cream, preserves, and four types of sweets. For $40 per person, you may have a Kir Royale or Champagne as well.

We chose the Crown Jewel tea, which was a flavorful black tea and munched on cucumber, curried egg, and chicken sandwiches. We also smeared the cream on our plain scones and scones with white chocolate and orange essence. We then savored delicate chocolate whip in a graham cracker shell and topped with a toasted marshmallow top, truffles, and light, crisp crackers.

The server was very helpful and advised us on the most popular and best tea choices. She also refilled our tea pots and served more sandwiches after we gobbled everything up!

The ambience is perfection. It is held in the lobby of the historic hotel and a harpist or pianist plays while you sip away and chat. I am looking forward to coming back for tea again

Visited August 2012
1 Thank traveladdict941

Denver, CO
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“A Slice of Heaven!”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I love treating myself to the Spa at the Brown Palace. Yes, it is more expensive, but overall it's worth it. The facilities are lovely and I always allow extra time before and after treatments to enjoy the steam room and the relaxing (women's only) waiting area. I have been seeing Shay for facials for many years. She is knowledgeable and professional, and my skin always looks fantastic afterwards. If you are comparing price, it appears to be expensive, but when you account for the facilities, as well as the "extras" (hand and arm massage, etc), it is a good value. Parking is included.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank ljm731
Marina del Rey, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Spa...”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Had a fabulous spa day here with girlfriends during a weekend stay in Denver. I had a package that included a brown sugar scrub, massage and essential facial. Every service was spectacular, especially my facial with Shai! The spa itself was also delightful with showers, steam room and other amenities. Definitely worth the price if you need a day of pampering in Denver.

Visited December 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Nice Spa and close to downtown”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Legit spa. We walked there from the Downtown Sheraton. The hotel made the reservations for us. Quiet place even though it is on main drag. Massage was good. $85 for the hour. They accept credit cards.

Visited October 2012
Denver
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Always amazing service”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have had multiple massages at the Brown and their service is always top notch. The spa area is beautiful, comfortable and classy and I always feel amazing when I leave!

Visited August 2012