“Classic Beauty”

The Spa at The Brown Palace
Ranked #2 of 62 Spas & Wellness in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: You deserve the Royal Treatment. Natural spring water drawn from our own artesian well serves as the main ingredient of The Spa at The Brown Palace. Experience tranquility and bliss in our private couples and celebrity suite with a dual hydrotherapy tub; massage and skin treatment rooms; separate men’s and women’s locker rooms with relaxation areas; showers; steam rooms; and a nail and hair salon.
Reviewed July 15, 2012

This grand ol' dame in the Mile High City speaks to days of old. Lovely architecture, good service, and caring staff makes this hotel shine. While you are here, check-out their spa and restaurant. They are notable.

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"therapist"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This a wonderful tour, with very few reviews. My husband and I had wanted to do this tour the last time we were in Denver, but due to only having the tour available to the public on Wednesday and Saturday at 3:00 PM, we could not fit it into our schedule. We were pleasantly surprised to find that they would have a tour on July 4th and immediately booked. This was a great time to be downtown, traffic was light, parking available close by and the tour was small.

I know this review is for the hotel tour and not the spa, but we just had to let people know what they are missing by not touring the hotel and learning the history of the hotel. I'm sure the spa is great, just looking in from upstairs through the doors sure made it inviting. If we had had more time a few minutes in the spa would have been nice.

Our tour guide Debra was fantastic with all her knowledge of the history of the hotel and the surrounding buildings as we looked out onto the street. She took us through the different restaurants explaining the rooms and their contents, the wall murals, ceilings, and what the rooms are made from. This is a beautiful hotel and very elegant with all the furnishings and antiques. After we had a tour of the hotel and learned it's history, we were able to tour the Eisenhower Presidential Suite on the 8th floor. President Eisenhower and wife stayed in this room several times. Wow!!! The rooms are beautifully decorated and are so different than a basic hotel room. We also had the opportunity to tour the Beatle's suite. This was done in Beatle memprobilia, from when the Beatles stayed here.

We really recommend that if you want to see an upscale hotel that his survived through the years, take this tour. We are definitly thinking about staying here the next time we are in Denver for at least one night, even if it's only in one of the rooms on the lower level. What an experience we look forward to having. My husbands parents stayed at the Brown Palace back in the 60's for a convention. My husband remembers getting a postcard and said that it looks the same as he remembers from the picture.

Thanks again Debra for an enjoyable afternoon. We look forward to having tea and listening to the music that is normally in the afternoons on our next visit.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

If you want to believe you have died and gone to heaven book a session and stay at the Brown. A great experience and living history.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

It is rare to find such a peaceful haircut experience and one where the
stylist is extremely talented and diverse in his art and brings appropriate judgment to his client's needs. I am a hairdresser of many years and he has given me one of the best 4 haircuts of my life! I wish I could gift his beautiful work to everyone.

1  Thank popandjudes
EJohnstonBPSPA, Manager at The Spa at The Brown Palace, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments about David. He has been with us for 3 years and is a amazing hair stylist. He will be so pleased to here that he was mentioned on Trip Advisor.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience on trip advisor. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Erin Johnston
Director of Spa and Retail

See more reviews
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I visit spas in hotels around the country as we travel regularly. While staying at the Brown Palace (my favorite hotel!) I had a spa day with facial, massage and scrub/ wrap. I was lucky enough to have Shai as my Esthetician for an 80 minute facial which she customized for me. It was the best I ever had, with luxurious, nurturing additions such as massages to my feet, arms and shoulders. Her manner, personality, warmth, and connected presence, plus her skill level and the fabulous products she used (mostly Sonya Dakar) made my skin glowing and my soul at peace. I will look her up for sure when in Denver again. I had a wonderful lunch after, as the hotel also has fabulous food. The staff was friendly and unpretentious as can sometimes be the case. Aaah, what a lovely experience!

1  Thank Epiphany1953

We are thrilled to here you had a wonderful experience while visiting our hotel and spa. Shai Albright has been with the hotel since the spa opened in 2005. She is a talented Esthetician and makes clients feel extremely pampered. She will be thrilled to know she was mention on our Trip Advisor site.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience for others to view.

Erin Johnston