“Filthy carpet puts it in the dump category...”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Delta
Denver, Colorado
“Filthy carpet puts it in the dump category...”
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Good Location. Courteous Desk Manager. Good sized room. Bed furnishings were clean and so was the bath room. Room had a safe and bath room had a night light, which other major chains cannot think of. That said, biggest problem is the carpet in the entire building, which needs to be shut down by the local health authorities, if Delta has anything like that.
Carpet in the hallways and rooms appears to be 30+ years old and smelled bad...

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank OffSpinner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Mt. Pleasant,UT
Reviewed June 21, 2009

We were traveling from Ut to Co. We got outside of Delta, CO and decided to look for a hotel on our map program. We found a Comfort Inn which is our choice of places to stay. We are a Choice member. We called to see if they had any rooms and were pet friendly. The answer was yes to both but they claimed they had ONLY two rooms left, the Presidential suite and a regular room with two queen beds Price $159.00 or $205.00 for the Presidential Suite. This was without pet fees. Now we were tired and ready for the room but $159.00???? well we surmised it was the peak season and prices were high soooo we took it. WHAT A MISTAKE. Once we got there we also found that they had several rooms available but at the $159.00 price. The room was not worth a $159.00 nor was the hotel or location, they had no onsite amenities if you wanted a pool or excersie room you had to go to a local rec. center which of course closed at 7pm. There was no refridgerator nor microwave in the room. The breakfast bar was very small and had very little. While the room was clean and the help very friendly except for the misinformation about the amount of rooms available, we may have waited till we got there to book a room if we didn't think we weren't going to get one. This was the worst deal of a hotel we have ever gotten and we would never go there again. I am also writing the Choice Hotel Group as they need to check into this place and there business deals. It seemed like a scam to us when they had several rooms available and there were other hotels in the area much cheaper.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank trip42plusdogs

Travelers are raving about these Delta hotels

San Diego
Reviewed April 29, 2009

I have stayed at every hotel in Delta more than once. The staff at the Delta Comfort Inn were very warm and welcoming. Their access to the the Bill Heddles Rec Center was a major perk. The lake was right there so I could walk my dog. He goes with me on all of my business trips. The staff was very pleasant to talk with and they loved my dog. I feel like the Delta Comfort Inn is my second home. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone that may ask. Because of this Hotel I only stay at Choice hotels. Preferably Comfort Inns.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Las Vegas
Reviewed March 27, 2009

this traveling mom. I had to handle some family issues and traveled with my 11 month old daughter. By the time I checked in, I had been in the area for 3 days loading and unloading boxes, suit cases and misc. every moring and every night. This was the last night of my stay. Having an 11 month old meant that every time I got out of the car, so did she. So, trying to move all the "stuff" into the motel and get the car parked and get the baby in, was quit the juggling act. The person working the desk was kind enough to help pull the lugguge cart to the room. This was a small gensture, but it was HUGE for me at that moment.
The next morning, I got everything in the car. Loaded up ready to go and the car would not start. I went in to use a phone to call AAA, remember, unloading the baby once again, this desk person said that they would just pull around and try to jump start my car. This was a huge GOD send. I needed to get on the road and no telling how long it would of taken for AAA to arrive. Ten minutes later my car was started and away I went. The three days I was there were long and a lot of hard work. My expereince was so wonderful, I was wishing I would have just been at the Comfort Inn the entire time.
I do need to mention that the breakfast buffet had a good assortment and was also a very BIG plus to my last morning.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank wynative
boise idaho
Reviewed January 15, 2009

I went to colorado to meet a lady I met on match dot com, she sent a letter stating it would be best if I stayed at a hotel as we hadnt formally met yet. She said she would reserve the room and pay for first night or two. I thought this was a great idea. well i drove for 12 hours(call me an idiot) and the lady told me the comfort inn was only 5 blocks from her house, try 10 miles. anyway we met first night had dinner and she kept asking me what do you think of me and am good looking, anyway I said your a nice person lets give it a few days. well next day I asked the receptionist what the cost of room would be if I stayed more than two nights and was told 80 dollars. well this being the next day i drove the 10 miles to her house and when getting there , she left a note saying she was shopping with friend and be right back. well I proceeded to walk around talk to her horses, filling boredom. there was a dog run off her back door and when the dogs came out they barked and I tried to make friends, well when this didnt work I went to front of house, and being over an hour, I thought maybe there was a key so I could go in as it was getting cold. no luck so I drove back to hotel. the women called me right after i got back to my room and said I have a couple of questions to ask you, ok what, did you try to look for a key, because my friends daughter was in the house and she said she looked out and thats what it appeared to her, i said yes, then she said did you try to break in the back door, and I said hell no, and she said well the girl in house heard noises, I told her no one calls me a liar and I will be leaving tomorrow. Instead I packed up and went to front desk this was 3 in afternoon, and I said I wouldnt be staying and besides they never cleaned the room and I was told i didnt owe them anything as the lady had sent them the note that she would pay for first night or two and I owed nothing, Then I see the bill for 120 I talked to manager he is bangladesh and his dad owns the franchise, and I had sent him a letter of what happened along with the lady i met on match that she was going to pay, well after checking out the lady i came to see called them and said she wasnt paying for second night. Before I became very irate I asked him he reimbursed me 90 and I would pay 30. He did nothing but said it was hotel policy, thats when I got Irate and told him what I thought about him and as I was 2 year vietnam veteran that fought for this country so foreigners could come to this country and I had a lot of numerous choice of words that I said to manager that I apologize for, but the man was a thief. If you do stay there and have bad service write one of these and also one to parent company. amen

• Liked — people working front desk very nice
  • Disliked — the manager and owners son is completely uncaring, treated people with distaste
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank captain410
Fort Jones, California
Reviewed September 15, 2008

RIPOFF HOTEL

Was on the road and called 411 for hotel information in Delta, UTAH........and apparently, mistakenly, was given the hotel in Delta, COLORADO. Not knowing one area code from the other in the midwest we called and made a reservation. When we arrived in Delta Utah and found that there is no Comfort Inn there, after a few minutes and a couple of calls we realized that 411 had given us the hotel in the wrong state. Sadly, the two aren't that far apart.

We called this hotel to cancel our 2 hour reservation and was told by the manager, Dwayne Miller that he was holding us to the 24 hour cancellation policy in spite of the fact that we didn't have the reservation more than 2 hours and going to have to bill us for the room. They did...........$88 plus. When we tried to call them back, to discuss the situation, after arriving home, he stood by his decision to charge us for the room.

There was no sense of consideration or understanding whatsoever on the part of the manager and/or this hotel in general.

If this place is that desperate for money that they'd charge long time Choice Privileges customers like this, then imagine what kind of service you'd get in person.

My suggestion is avoid this place at all costs. There are plenty other places around who treat people right and don't make them pay for mistakes that were not of their own doing.

• Liked — n/a
  • Disliked — customer service is non existent
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PV8850
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed December 18, 2007

We stayed in the Comfort Inn almost a solid week. The owner comped the cheaper rate advertised on the internet. We had a very nice stay. We upgraded to the suites and never saw a standard room. The motel was nice and newly refurbished.

We actually stayed in 3 different suites and all were clean, big, had a nice television, and jacuzzi in room. They had waffles at the free breakfast. That's always a plus. There wasn't a pool. That was a negative, but there was huge fitness center behind the motel that had a very nice pool and everything else that goes with it.

We'd stayed our first night in a different motel that wasn't near as nice, just up the street.

The staff was very helpful.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — No pool
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank rsdoze
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delta
Days Inn Delta CO
Riverwood Inn Motel & RV Park
Rodeway Inn Delta
Rodeway Inn Delta
#4 of 4 in Delta

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!