“So Much More than What You See On The Website - Fabulous!”

Kessler Canyon, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in De Beque
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We have been to 5 star properties in some of the most beautiful places in the world, and Kessler Canyon surpassed our expectations. We were warmly welcomed the minute we arrived and felt like guests at millionaire's home. My husband went on a pheasant hunt with guides, I got a spa treatment, and our stress melted away. The highlight of the stay was the amazing food prepared by the Executive Chef, Lenny McNab. Every dinner was a four course masterpiece. Lenny paid attention to what type of wine we liked and our favorite breakfast beverage and always had it there for us. He used fresh ingredients from his garden and even gave me a cooking lesson! At the end of dinner, Lenny became "The Black Mamba," an unsavory cowboy musician who told stories, played the guitar and sang. His music was awesome. The general manager, Bob and his wife Cindy were friendly and joined us for drinks and conversation on the beautiful porch in the evening. If you want to get away from it all in a beautiful setting with abundant wildlife, hammocks, canoes, and amazing views -- while living in luxury, this is your place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank emptynest63
There are newer reviews for Kessler Canyon, Autograph Collection

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I just returned from my third experience with Kessler Canyon and each visit continues to amaze me. This is the one trip each year that I look forward to the most. There is nothing that even remotely warrants an unfavorable comment. The setting, activities, food, staff is the best anywhere I've ever experienced. New General Manager Bob was great and more than willing to provide advice and actually work with me to improve several outdoor activities including dog training. If I could only pick his brain for several weeks! Overall the staff and management are amazing and so friendly. And what can you say about Lenny the "gourmet" chef, aka, Black Mamba, Executive Chef, Honky Tonk Entertainer, Gun for Hire!!! Such a great personality and so friendly (and of course great food!!!)---time spent in the kitchen with him is enjoyable all by itself. I am already looking forward to hopefully another visit next year!!!

Room Tip: I've had rooms in the lodge and this year the guest quarters for the first time. They're all...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Tom P
Reviewed September 27, 2012

If you enjoy outdoor sports such as shooting, fishing, horseback and ATV riding and want to stay in the lap of luxury, eat gourmet meals, experience international art in a beautiful western setting, then this is the place for you! I can't say enough about the staff. They really make you feel at home. I was invited to a retreat that was hosted by a company seeking to dialog with potential customers in regard to product development. It was a great mixture of work and play. The food and drink was top notch. Invite me back any day!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Ray B
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This was the most amazing place we've ever stayed! From the minute we arrived, we felt like we were guests in Mr. Kessler's home! The setting is stunning and the lodge is spectacular. Around every corner is another gorgeous wood piece, old photo or painting. The furnishings were art in themselves. And then there is Chef Lenny (AKA the Black Mamba). Lenny is a gourmet chef in every sense of the word. His food was some of the best We've ever had anywhere and each meal just seemed to get better than the last! And the food presentation was art in itself. Lenny goes above and beyond to make your stay perfect. And, if that's not enough, he sings, plays guitar and tells stories - and he's really good! It was a perfect weekend and we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Kathyb80439
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Nothing compares to this place. I don't know where to begin. The lodge is adorned with beautiful art and decor. The accomodations are second to none. It's so peaceful and tranquil I truly felt younger when I left. The staff is attentive, friendly and makes you feel like you belong there. You just have to experience it for yourself.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Bill D
Reviewed August 26, 2012

You come around the corner on this lonely dirt road and and there sits this almost majestic lodge on the edge of the lake. Then thru the gates you park at the edge of the apple orchard only to be greeted by the staff. What an inredible surprise. Upon entering the lodge you feel as if you are home. The accomations were lovely. After seeing our rooms we go down for a cocktail before dinner and meet Lenny and discover he is agourmet chef to boot. Lenny opened his kitched to us during our amazing meal, it was just a fantastic place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Hildibeyor
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I'm hesitant to advertise Kessler Canyon because this place is truly a gem and I almost hate for word to get out! We stayed here last Thanksgiving weekend and this property is truly awesome and amazing. This property is marketed under the Marriott brand so we stayed on my points. Kessler Canyon is situated on 23K+ acres and is miles from anywhere. There is not a restaurant per se on-site - rather you get Chef Lenny (aka Black Mamba) who will make you a cocktail upon arrival and cook cuisine to your specific needs. My wife is a non-militant vegetarian and he conjured up some amazing food during our short stay. Tip: if you like Bloody Mary's - just ask. Lenny had a killer Bloody Mary bar set up when we got up for breakfast one morning.

Kessler Canyon does not lack for ambiance or things to do even if you are just into kicking back in a rocking chair enjoying the outdoor fire (which was always stoked and burning). I can't say enough good things about this great find so I'll stop by saying: you will not regret going to Kessler Canyon!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Jerry N

Been to Kessler Canyon, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!