“Not too bad all things considered”

and 1 more site!
Double Eagle Hotel and Casino
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Cripple Creek
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The front desk personnel were great! Check in was easy. Be sure to save yourself 10% with a players card.

The good -

Great location
Clean room
Excellent elevator service
Good parking
Friendly and professional staff
Quiet room
Seems very safe
Good air conditioning with thermostat control on the wall.

The not so good -

Bed is hard. Like sleeping on concrete.
Four TV channels, two of which were too fuzzy to watch.
Room was rather spartan.

I recommend this hotel for those who are staying in Cripple Creek. For a 1800's mining town turned gambling town, this hotel is pretty good.

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor. Very quiet. Very clean.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ultimatetravelking
There are newer reviews for Double Eagle Hotel and Casino

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We were not sure about accommodations in this hotel because it's age, however, do not let that stop you from staying here. This iis a nicer hotel than some newer properties we have stayed in. The property is very well kept and extremely clean. The room was large, very well appointed and comfortable. I liked the fact that they gave us 4 sets od towels even though there were only two of us. We loved cripple creek and it's old west feel and would stay at this property again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pamela W
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel mid -July. First, you must understand that you are NOT in a major metropolitan area. This hotel is probably the best in this small casino town. We found the hotel front desk personnel to be very accommodating considering that we showed up on a Saturday night without reservations. They were honest with us about times of "rooms release" from no-shows, etc. and we did get a room! I think many times in these smaller areas, it really matters how you (as the customer) interact with the staff. Overall, a good experience. I do agree with a previous poster about the guy at the continental breakfast - he needs to work on his people skills.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TanaWatkins
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We were very pleased with the Double Eagle. It was clean and quiet. The room was spacious and staff was helpful and pleasant. The Double Eagle is close to the train depot and you have easy access to other casinos as well as the trolly for seeing some of the museums around town. The townspeople were all helpful and ready to answer any of my questions. We would absolutely stay here again and I would recommend it to our friends. A note to new travelers, if you are planning on getting a player's card anyway, get it first, then register, they honor the player's card. The continental breakfast was a plus too!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank FayW467
Reviewed July 12, 2012

After 10 unforgettable years together, my fiance and I finally decided to tie the knot on October 31, 2011. I had previously worked down the street for almost 11 yrs and thought they would help us make our dream come true. When I submitted my vision to them all they did was shoot down my ideas. Unfortunately for them and their poor management skills, I decided to take my business elsewhere. Of all the establishments in Cripple Creek and Victor, the Double Eagle and Mary Lou were the only ones that were willing to accommodate our lax, unconventional requests. They 'solved' every 'problem' we thought we'd encountered without things ever becoming a problem! The food was great. Our suite was amazing! And our wedding went off without a hitch! Thanks for all your hard work and most importantly.. Thanks for the memories! It was truly the best day of our lives!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Twyla_Bug
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We had a suite at the Double Eagle Hotel and casino. It was on the top floor of the hotel with a view of the Cripple Creek and Victor Railroad, the town, and the mountains beyond. There were two beds in the room, and it was perfect for us. We were in the corner, next to the casino next door.

The location was great. We were able to walk to several of the attractions and enjoyed strolling along the street and visiting the shops. We even had free chocolate awaiting us from the Cripple Creek Candy Store.

Our only down side was that the room was next to a service elevator, and at about 6 a.m. it
woke us up with the noise of its going up and down.

Also, the directions to and from where you need to go are confusing. We had a teen with us and ended up accidentally coming out onto the casino floor. He never entered the gaming section. It was only a right turn and up stairs to go back up to where we needed to be; however, a floor boss jumped all over us. This was a bit disconcerting, as there was nothing inside the elevator to indicate which floor was the main entrance, which was the first or second floor, and not the bottom level.

Room Tip: This is a casino. People make noise all night long. Just make sure you try to get a room away from...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank NavigatorOK
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We last min booked a room for 4th of July. The hotel was very accommodating, clean, and the hotel staff was amazing, the free breakfast was awful. :( The Casino staff on the other hand were rude and ignorant, I ordered a drink from a waitress while play a machine I waited 30 mins for her to come back and when she walked up she says "oh I just gave your drink to someone else let me get you another one" after another 30 min I decided to get up and go to the bar I ordered 2 white zin's over an hour an fifteen mins and the bar tender told me I had to slow down so I told him that's fine I'll leave I just watched another guy order 5 rum and cokes in the past 30 min but he was never told to slow down...wine vs rum hmmmm way to be a responsible bar tender.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel on the strip
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Victor
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs

Been to Double Eagle Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!