“NOT TO BAD / EXCEPT”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Cripple Creek
CABOOL
“NOT TO BAD / EXCEPT”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We Found Front Desk & Hotel Staft Very Friendly Unitil We Went For The So Called Continental Breakfast. The Man Runing It Was Very Rude & He Made Sure That The One Biacuit With Spot Of Gravy On It Was It. Sorry To Say We Had To Go To Another Casino /Cafe For a Good Breakfast. Thank You!

Room Tip: Need Better TV And New Billows / Both Are Well Used
1 Thank ROGER M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Buena Vista, Colorado
Reviewed June 30, 2012

The front desk staff was very cranky to say the least. I called twice to make the reservation and got two different people, each one was very cold, unhelpful, and generally put out by my phone calls. The only reason we stayed is we had a gift certificate. When we checked in the treatment went from bad to worse. I have worked in customer service many years and was amazed at the rude, unprofessional approach these people take in dealing with their customers. How do they keep their jobs or generate any repeat business?! The room was clean, but out-dated with a very old, small t.v. I know they would rather you be in the casino spending money, but at some point during your stay you need to relax and it would be nice to have a decent chair and a t.v. you could see from across the room. We ate at Lombard's two times and both times the food and service were great. Next time we go we will seek out a different place to stay.

1 Thank Stacy G

Travelers are raving about these Cripple Creek hotels

Denver
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This hotel is above the casino at the end of the strip. The room is outdated but very clean. The decor is older and the bed is hard. The rooms are very quite though, not much noise from surrounding rooms. The TV is an old small TV and they get 13 channels so not much choice. The continental breakfast is very limited and not much choice. The employees were very friendly and helpful. I gambled a bit in the casino and it was pretty busy. Overall it is a descent place to stay in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jason P
Perry, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Just spent the weekend at the Double Eagle and really enjoyed myself. Staff was helpful and pleasant. Rooms were comfortable and clean. The bed was a little too firm but I still slept pretty well. The food and service at the restaurant was good. All of the property was very well kept. I'm looking forward to my next visit!

1 Thank Karri P
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I have stayed at the Double Eagle just a couple of times and won't stay there again unless I get snowed in. The matresses are hard and uncomfortable, the pillows are very thin and worn out. There is cable but they only give you 12 channels to chose from, all but one is sports, the one other is weather. There is no radio reception there but there is a radio in the room. Sometimes if you are lucky you might get lucky and be able to have a hot bath or shower. Most of the time the water is barely warm. and for all this you get to pay over $75 a night. They give you a continental breakfast coupon to use at the coffee shop where you get a waffle some juice and coffee (which is not bad for a continental breakfast), but if you want a real breakfast they tell you to go to Lombard's in the casino which sells discount quality food at a high quality food price. They will charge over $4.00 more for 2 eggs, hash browns and toast which you later find that you can get the same breakfast at Bronco Billy's for 0.49 cents and is actually better. If you don't believe me find out for yourself. And for lunch do yourself a big favor and don't go to the Parrot Dice Grill. Many people have gotten sick due to spoiled food. The pizza is ok (if you are starving to death) I wouldn't recommend eating it though. Everything that is served as far as food goes (at the Double Eagle or Gold Creek) has a just something wrong with it taste. This makes me think that whoever orders the food for this casino must be putting a good portion of the food budget into his or her pocket. I heard a manager talking to one of his employee's one day when the employee mentioned a better way to make pizza he replied to them that it's only cheap casino food, and not to worry about it. As far as the slots go, I have many many friends that play there and we all agree that this casino has slots so tight that if you put a quarter in Washington would scream. Like I said, don't take my word for it...... try it yourself. This is all told so that you can know what to expect. Also there is pretty much nothing for kids except a small game room with very old video games.

Room Tip: If your taste buds don't work or you don't need to sleep well and if you are not looking for...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Aurora, Colorado, United States
Reviewed June 2, 2012

For dealing with money, these people sure don't know what a debit and credit is !!!! We Got the deal for over 50 and 50 points, you get your room comped. We checked out and the woman at the desk, did not know how to do a credit, but someone helped her and got it handled. But lo and behold!!!! Our credit card was charged. I have called 5 times, and no body seems to know how to correct it. Even the bookkeeper !!! I want my money back, I spent enough up there!! I will never go there again, and have access to 10,000 school district employees, who I will surely make aware!! Black Hawk is much better, or a Vegas trip is even cheaper !!!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Westminster, Colorado
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed here May 26 and the 27, 2012 and found all of the employee's
allways willing to go that extra mile to help from making my reservation over the phone and talking to Richard the bartender while we played vidio poker. The room
was spotless as is the whole hotel which allways is a big plus to us. If I can complain about any thing is that the tv is not a flat screen and very few chanels so
if your coming to stay in your room and whatch tv you better stay home. The hotel is located at the end of town as you come in so you can walk to all of the other casino's as the whole town is only about 8 to 10 blocks long. The hotel does have a shuttle that will drop you off and pick you up. I do have to agree with the one review about the food not very good but we did eat at several other hotels and they were no better. This is not Las Vegas when it comes to good food at the casino's.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side will be quieter
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
#3 of 10 in Cripple Creek
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs

Been to Double Eagle Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!