“Great sandwiches”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great sandwiches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Wife and I stopped here for lunch on a Sunday. Not many options in Cripple Creek that arent inside a casino. I had the philly cheese steak and my wife had the BLT, both with fries. Fries were very good, fast food style and crispy. My steak and cheese was one of the best I've had a in a while, with three types of peppers (red, yellow and green), fresh mushrooms instead of onions (substituted) and a lot of sliced steak (not that shredded Steak-Um stuff) on a hoagie roll. Wife raved about the BLT. Had mozzarella sticks with marinara and ranch appetizer--also very good. Menu consists of four or so appetizers, pizza and a long list of sandwiches, burgers, and other usual pub fare like chicken tenders and fried shrimp. Didnt have a beer but bar seemed to have typical assortment of Colorado beers.

Janice N, Owner at The Creek, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Mike, thanks for the positive review! At The Creek Restaurant and Bar we strive daily to meet and exceed our customers expectations. So very glad to hear you were pleased with your food. Thank you again for your review, and when your travels finds you in Cripple Creek again, please give us the pleasure of serving you again. Thanks!

Omaha, Ne
“Good food means long wait.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We ate here because there was a line to get into the place. It was definitely worth the wait. The workers tried their best to serve everyone timely. They were 'running' around. Gave them extra tip for their hard work. Have the chili cheese fries....they're the bomb......

Janice N, Owner at The Creek, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for positive feedback. I hope the wait wasn't too terribly long, and I am glad you stayed and enjoyed your meal and your time with us. We appreciated your patience with the line. We are so glad the food and service was good for you. Positive feedback is always appreciated. I know our servers appreciated the extra tip, it was very generous of you. When you find yourselves back in our neck of the woods, we'd love the opportunity to serve you again! Thank you!
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“"Favorite place yet"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

While on a motorcycle ride through the country we decided to stop at "The Creek". I am not one to normally write a review but, I was so impressed with this place I have to tell other people. We were worn out from our ride but this place was amazing. I ordered us a couple of drinks and we asked who we thought was the waitress for some menu's. She said you should try our Chili, sounded good so that is what we got and ohhh man is it good. I have had chili all over the country and this was the best damn chili I have ever had. After some Chili and drinks I soon found out we had been served by the Owner Janice Nance. She is one of the nicest people I met in the area. She offered up some great advice about areas to travel to on the motorcycle and sat with us most of the time. I just thought it must be a fluke to have the owner of a restaraunt take the time to spend with us just because she new we were out of towners. Nope not a fluke as I found from other people in the town, they do their best to meet all new and repeat customers as if they were family. Thank you Janice & Dan for making our trip even that much better.

• Visited August 2012
Janice N, Owner at The Creek, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for your great review! We do strive to make all our customers feel at home and that they are appreciated. I actually remember you and your lovely girlfriend! When your back in our neck of the woods, please stop back in and let us have the pleasure of serving you again. Thank you again and be safe!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Chili”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

If you want to guess if that smell is the frito pie or the waitresses armpits, this is the place for you.

Janice N, Owner at The Creek, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for your feedback! Positive or negative is appreciated bc we strive to make our customers experience at The Creek the best it can be. I can assure you this will not go un-noticed and we will make changes accordingly. If you would like to contact me personally, please do so by email, thecreek317@gmail.com. Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope you will give us another chance to have a better Creek experience. Janice Nance
London, United Kingdom
“Great lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

While looking for somewhere to stop for a late lunch, we found this gem of a place in amongst all the casinos along the main street and had the best Philly steak and cheese sandwich ever! It came loaded with chips and coleslaw and was great value - much nicer, tastier and better presented than the far more expensive dinner out we had the night before! Pam, the manager, was great to talk with and very friendly. All in all a great place to eat and we would thoroughly recommend it.

• Visited August 2012
Janice N, Owner at The Creek, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Paula,

Thank you for the great review! I am so sorry to be just getting back to you, but have been out of pocket. We love to hear customer feedback, positive and negative.
We strive to have great food and great fun at The Creek...where the good times flow!" It really pleases us when our great customers love The Creek. I know Pam, our manager will be beaming with the good report. Please come again, when back up in "our neck of the woods!"
Thank you again!