Stayed over the 4th of July weekend. Expected busy....that was fine. Room was nice, comfortable, great pillows and nice touch having robes for use to go to spa, sauna, hot tubs or swimming. One recommendation which would have helped enhance our stay would be to have a handout of what is in immediate proximity of services, what is going on that day or weekend, AND times of opening/closing. There is a nice family activity area and you can get an all day pass. We purchased one for our daughter, went down town on the complimentary shuttle, then arrived back at the hotel for "kids" night at the activity area outside. Bungee, miniature golf, wall climbing and a tower jump into a large inflated bag. However, it was 4:45 at the time and to our shock, everything closes at 5. Considering there are hours of daylight....that was a surprise because we never were told by the vendor we purchased the pass, that everything closes so early in a resort town. This was NOT the hotel's responsibility this was just a mention....so be very careful of finding out what time things open/close whilst staying in the area. The only issue we had at the hotel, which upon reading some of the reviews, is not an isolated case, was the breakfast buffet. NO SERVICE, NO PLATES, NO COFFEE, we were seated inside with 4 other tables, and there were no servers. We stood at the buffet about 15 minutes, after asking for plates at the buffet. Half the food areas were empty and we were told if we ordered off the menu it could be over ½ hour before we would get food. (And that was also with no waitress yet). We got our own coffee. I don't know if there was any juice....there wasn't any at the buffet location. The buffet food that was physically available at 8:30 AM was toast, packaged muffins, bacon, sausage, cubes of cheese, fruit chunks, prepackaged cereal and milk. The eggs, and pancakes were empty. The buffet was over $12 @person.....service and actual food disappointing. This (may) have been a exception to their normal service....but we couldn't find that out. We asked to speak with the manager at the restaurant, thru 3 different wait staff and never got to talk to the Mgr. Although all had said the Mgr was in the restaurant. This may have been the exception, but we had our children with us, and did not want to "risk" going back to the restaurant for any other meals or breakfast, so we made other arrangements for dining going forward through our stay. The other four tables inside the restaurant had the same experience. It seems like they sat us there and didn't have the service area assigned to anyone. The plus side to the hotel was its location, room was clean and comfortable...and ours was pretty quiet....after all...it was the 4th of July...so we didn't expect a complete desert island experience (lol), the wine reception, nice, pool, sauna, spa, fitness and hot tub...again nice. Pool is not a lap pool, but it's great for the kids. And the staff was always polite and helpful. The only downside was not knowing what was in the immediate location & their operating hours (handout would benefit all) and of course the breakfast buffet. The whole situation at that time in that restaurant was just strange.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Elevation Hotel & Spa is the only full-service ski-in / ski-out hotel at Crested Butte Mountain Resort. The completely renovated property features 262 rooms and spacious suites. Enjoy first-class amenities and services, including swimming pool, hot tub, wireless internet, Spa treatments, Fitness Center, bell and concierge services. The on-site 9380 Prime Restaurant & Bar serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The Elevation Hotel & Spa offers the ultimate slopeside luxury and convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Elevation Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Elevation Hotel And Spa
- The Elevation Hotel Crested Butte
- Elevation Hotel Crested Butte