“Stayed at grandloge and went to dinner at Avalanche”

Avalanche Bar & Grill
Ranked #17 of 70 Restaurants in Crested Butte
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed January 8, 2011

I shoulkd report this to the board of health! I ordered the prime rib special medium rare. It was a tad rare for me so I ate the perimeter (the tail) the more well done portion. I asked the waitress to put it back on the grill for a few more minutes. When my plate returned I gasped - this was another customers half eaten meal. The tail was still on there half cut up. When I confronted the nice waitress - she took the plate to the kitchen and returned to say "I'm sorry" The entire ordeal was never disputed by the kitchen. HOW DISGUSTING!

Reviewed December 27, 2010

We chose the Avalanche because it was adjacent to our hotel and rated fairly highly by other TA reviewers. It was fine. Cocktails were well poured, service was very good and the pizza and fish and chips were good as well.

Lots of CB mountain resort workers and other locals pounding 'em down at the bar for an extended apres ski (it was xmas eve). Several appeared as though they may have been rode hard and put away wet a time or two, but very friendly. It's a lively, noisy, colorful option right at the base of the mountain. Would recommend for adults only.

Reviewed July 13, 2010

we decided to check out avalanche since it was within walking distance of our hotel. it was DELICIOUS! we ended up eating there twice during our trip! great pizza, great drinks, and a great atmosphere!

Reviewed June 28, 2010

this place is a gem it is funky and relaxing. the food is the biggest surprise-it is absolutely the best in town. the appetizers are awesome and the main menu items are wonderful-the bbq ribs are some of the best, anywhere!! i will return to this place over and over. try it you will be surprised. the staff are the greatest.

Reviewed March 14, 2010

Adequate seating, friendly service, good food, very reasonably priced. Highly recmmmend for apres in Mt Crested Butte.