“Our favorite lunch place”

Avalanche Bar & Grill
Ranked #13 of 67 Restaurants in Crested Butte
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dallas, Texas
“Our favorite lunch place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

This was our favorite lunch place while we were there. It is just off the base by a 100 yeards or so. They have some good soups and chilis. I also had their chicken pot pie one day and it was very good and especially good after a morning of skiing.

Franktown, Colorado
“A great bar & grill on mountain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

My wife, son and I stopped into the Avalanche for a late night dinner and had a really good experience. The atmosphere was great, big screen tv's on the walls, chalkboard menus with all drinks, and a great rotation of music that was played at just the righ sound level where it could definitely be heard but you could still have a conversation.
Maddie was our server and she took really good care of us. She recommended a "hippie" beer from Palisade, CO which i hadn't had before but was good. We had nachos which were good but not great, my wife had a Greek salad and son had Mac n cheese which looked homade, but was not Kraft.
Next time I'll order either the pizza or fish n chips as other tables were served those and it looked incredible. Will definitely go back next trip.

Dallas, Texas
“Great food..Great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

They have great food & plenty of it! Try the brownie dessert..Oh my gosh!

Hollywood, South Carolina
“Alway good and always fun !!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

Had breakfast a few times. Once, biscuit I ordered was not verry good, they brought a new breakfast very fast and with a smile. Not only did they take the first breakfast off the tab,, they second was free as well. Good service, always a good drink special ($5 Skyy Bloody Mary). Have been going here for years !!!

Denver
“Slow”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

Went for breakfast with my son. My short stack was huge, but the pancakes were slightly burned (conveniently put burned side down on the plate, but there was no avoiding the taste). My son enjoyed his steak and eggs, although they mistakenly gave him an English muffin instead of the biscuit he ordered. We didn't want to rectify these things because the service was very slow and didn't want to have to wait.

• Visited December 2011