“Thoughtful and attentive staff”

The Ruby of Crested Butte - A Luxury B&B
GreenLeadersGold level
California
“Thoughtful and attentive staff”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed at The Ruby for more than two weeks this summer. Both rooms I stayed in were well decorated, but small. However, it's the staff that make The Ruby outstanding. They are friendly and knowledgeable about the area and activities. They quickly and efficiently took care of any requests I had from organizing a jeep tour, to calling about events in town and other needs that I had come up during my time there. They are attentive to individual needs and accommodated my dietary needs. They are incredibly thoughtful too; they gave me a lovely gift as I was celebrating my birthday and the owner, Andrea, made dairy and gluten free cupcakes for me. They even had a little gift for my dog, who was also celebrating a birthday!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Our title refers to my reluctance to stay in a B & B because of previous less-than-desirable experiences. This stay at The Ruby was wonderful, thanks to the gregarious and helpful staff, the pleasant ambiance, the nicely preserved "old" charm ( but modern conveniences), and Deb's and Chris' fabulous and generous breakfasts. We particularly appreciated all of the helpful tips that we received from Chris, Allison, Cassie and Deb on where to find wildflowers (the purpose of our trip) and where to find good food in town. And the complementary bicycles made available by The Ruby were so much fun!
For this new B & B guest to say The Ruby is spectacular and that I'll happily return is saying a lot!
Patrick and Barb

Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Ruby to celebrate our anniversary. It was such a fantastic trip that we didn't want to leave. Chris and Andrea are wonderful hosts that have made sure to staff their bed and breakfast with people who care about their guests. The staff helped arrange massages for my wife and I and made sure to share their expertise on local hiking opportunities. Everything about our stay at The Ruby was excellent. The rooms are comfortable and inviting, and breakfast is an incredibly delicious culinary experience. We cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: Each room is wonderful, but if you are looking for space for a larger group ask about the suite.
Green Features: All bathroom products are made of natural products. I particularly enjoyed the Natural Earth shampoo and conditioner.
2 Thank Jeffrey B
Louisville, Colorado
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We've stayed at the Ruby for a number of years, and will keep coming back. When we pull up to the door, our dog goes right to the front door knowing there is a treat for her in our room. Chris and Andrea are great hosts and have developed an outstanding staff. A truly deluxe B&B, with a warm Crested Butte atmosphere. Great food and amenities. Stay here!

2 Thank JeepGuy
Westminster, Colorado
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 nights, I believe in room 4. Beautiful, comfortable lodging, and the staff could NOT be more friendly, personable or accommodating. The food was fabulous, and we enjoyed hanging out in the dining room talking with other guests. They include a complimentary refrigerator, so a daily soda pop or beer or wine was great in the evening, sitting outside on the two-person swing. We did not take advantage of the loaner bikes because my husband was riding through on a weeklong bike tour, but they looked fun. They have DVDs for use in your room, and there were different fresh roses in each room. Such nice touches! We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: You can hear the hot tub from room 4, and though it was only in use once while we were there I guess...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alice80234
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed here two nights and could not have been more pleased with our selection. Our room was room 1, A World Away. The room was well appointed and very comfortable. We could look out our window and see the delightful flowers of the window box. Just down the hall we could enjoy fresh cookies and a comfortable gathering area. They provided free red and white wine for our enjoyment and we enjoyed it each evening.
Andrea was extremely helpful to us. We mentioned our desire to see lots of wildflowers and a trail we wanted access, but we didn't have a vehicle that was appropriate for the road. She was aware of a shuttle that could drop us off and pick us up. She also suggested a place that would pack us a lunch for our trip. She said she could make all of the arrangements and then we could either pay directly or have it added to our room charge which she would do at no added cost. We asked her to do it and it was all arranged in no time at all. Then all of those arrangements worked without a hitch including having a wonderful driver Craig who worked for Dolly Shuttle service. It helped make a perfect visit for us.
Chris fixed these very good breakfasts with creative egg dishes, fruit compote and cinnamon rolls to top off. After preparing the meals he would come out of the kitchen and engage everyone in conversation. You couldn't ask for a nicer more knowledgeable host. This is the place to stay in Crested Butte.

Room Tip: Room #1 is right on the first floor and the easiest to access with luggage.
Green Features: We try to always stay at accommodations that are socially aware.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank wrldtrkr
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We have stayed here multiple times and come back for the simple reason... It's easily the best place in town. The proprietors, Chris and Andrea are wonderful people and run an equally wonderful B&B. I'm not sure how anyone could have a bad time hear. Our stays have always been accompanied with children and dogs ... Sometimes ours but most frequently other guests. Every time the kids have been great to see traveling with their parents and the dogs always well behaved. This stay was no different. Wonderful people, breakfasts and accommodation. The 1 bubble review lady couldn't be further from the truth. We'll be back again and again! Thx for another wonderful stay.

• Stayed June 2013