“Weekend Ski Get-Away”

Grand Lodge Crested Butte
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Crested Butte
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I have been meaning to get back to Crested Butte for at least 15 years. We saw a special deal for $99/pp/pn lift ticket & lodging deal at the Grande Lodge, walking distance to the lifts and couldn't pass it up. Our room was a King Suite with a kitchenette and separate bedroom/seating area; very nice to be able to walk back to our room and have lunch in full comfort! The Woodstone Grill in the hotel offered an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet for $9.95 with a great variety of tasty breakfast choices. We couldn't believe this kind of deal for the price and were especially happy with the room, service and staff at the Grand Lodge. We'll be back soon!

Room Tip: Our room was on the 4th floor (5 floors in the hotel). Even though the bedroom is just inside the h...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 1, 2013

While on my families 1st ski trip to Crested Butte I unfortunately broke my leg on our first day of skiing. Not only was the ski patrol & Dr's fabulous, but the staff at the lodge certainly did make my few days of recovery there very pleasant. They had a car available for helping me get back to my family after my stay in the hospital & were so helpful in making sure I was comfortable. The entire staff helped my family continue to enjoy their vacation & allowed me the opportunity to rest comfortably before I had to make the trip home. We will DEFINATELY be back

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank JJMKR5
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed at the Grand Lodge with a few buddies for a weekend of skiing. The location is convenient both for skiing and the shuttle buses into town. It is a 5 minute walk to ski rental and storage and then it takes seconds to get to the lifts. Crested Butte has shuttle buses that run every 15 minutes dropping visitors off at various locations. The pick up is just steps from the Lodge. The staff is very helpful and will go out of their way to assist with your requests. The set up is perfect for a quick getaway.

Room Tip: The first floor are reserved for travelers with pets - so there can be some barking. Simply request...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was our first, but not last visit to Crested Butte. The hotel staff were all very friendly. Even though they gave us a ton of information when we checked in, the amount of time it took to check in was very short. We loved the convenience of having our skis stored at the Outpost (free). There were also quite a few really good restaurants right outside the door. We took advantage of the outdoor pool & hot tub. It was snowing out at the time & we enjoyed it thoroughly.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The hotel(s) are clustered at the base of the ski resort. With ski storage at the base, it is very convenient and easy.

The mountain and the lifts are excellent. The cruising runs are long and reminded me of Deer Valley with full grooming and just enough slope to make things interesting. I'm long past skiing the "bumps" and Crested Butte provided everything my wife and I want in terrain at a ski mountain.

Room Tip: I asked for a "quiet" room and was placed on the top floor of the Grand Lodge. If availab...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

What a beautiful lodge in a beautiful location! It is right at the base of the mountain. All the staff were very friendly, especially Jake. He went above and beyond! Thanks! We can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We love the Grand Lodge and have stayed there numerous times! Everyone there is always so happy and eager to please. The location CAN NOT be more perfect - ski in ski out! It is also a perfect spot to catch the bus to go into town which is always a blast. The Grand Lodge is not uber expensive either and well worth every penny!

Room Tip: Choose the 5th floor so you can see the top of the Butte!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 9 in Crested Butte
Inn at Crested Butte
Inn at Crested Butte
#9 of 9 in Crested Butte

Been to Grand Lodge Crested Butte? Share your experiences!