The Lodge experiance was ok, it was advertised as a Ski in - Ski Out right on the hill lodge but is actually a 10-15 minute walk from the lifts. This made coming in for lunch a bit of a chore.They do store your skis for pick up closer to the lifts, however no one informed us of this until our last day when we were hauling snow boards back to our room. There was also one set of elevators for our building and one was not operating. They also have no service elevator so all carts, food service ect. use the same elevator....talk about busy.
There are no stairs inside the building, all stairways exit directly outside to a locked door, so going down was not a problem but you could not use the stairs to go up to your room and avoid the wait for the elevators.
The rooms are small, the 4 person kitchenette is a single countertop burner and very confusing microwave / convection oven with no directions. Bring garbage bags because all you get is a mini plastic one which is far too small if your actually using the kitchen. Overall it was ok for how much time we spent in it.
Hot tub and pool area is very nice, however it was always a wet towel mess. Towels were always gone, we informed the front desk but ended up bringing down our room towels. Pool is 25% indoor and 75% outdoor so you can swim out of the cold if you want to.
The restaurant food was better than the reviews I had read on this site.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Lodge Crested Butte features 226 oversized hotel rooms and spacious suites to accommodate all types of travelers. Every room is surprisingly affordable and includes comforts and conveniences to make your stay ideal, any time of the year. Each room at the Grand Lodge is equipped with a ceiling fan, box fan, and at least one opening window to assist with climate control. Climate Control Each room at the Grand Lodge is equipped with a ceiling fan, box fan, and at least one opening window to assist with climate control. Consistent with most Colorado mountain resorts, the Grand Lodge does not offer air-conditioning in guest rooms. Pet Friendly Property The Grand Lodge welcomes well-behaved dogs of all shapes and sizes. Pet friendly rooms are limited, so please reserve in advance. A nightly $30 fee for each pet will be charged to your room, and a portion of this fee will be donated to P.A.W.S., a local animal rescue service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Grand Lodge Crested Butte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Lodge Crested Butte Hotel Crested Butte
- Grand Hotel Crested Butte
- Grand Resort Crested Butte