“great breakfast downtown”

Paradise Cafe
Ranked #25 of 67 Restaurants in Crested Butte
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Temple, Texas
“great breakfast downtown”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

the Paradise Cafe moved from it's cramped quarters at Elk and 3rd st up to the Old Croatian Hotel at Elk land 5th. More space and more atmosphere alongside the rushing Cold Creek. Same great breakfasts as before. Great value. Good service.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank mmiller007

Temple, Texas
“great breakfasts in Crested Butte”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

this restaurant recently moved from a smaller cramped building in the center of town to a bigger and better located area in the Old Croatian hotel and by the gurgling Cold Creek that rushes thru town. They still make their amazing breakfasts and you get a lot for your money. Since peaches were in season sept 2 they offered delicious peach pancakes and they always have amazing blueberry pancakes. They have bacon, ham, sausage patties, and southwester grilled sausage. The service has always been great. We don't look for any other breakfast place. They also serve lunch.

• Visited September 2013
Boulder, Colorado
“Large servings but poor service”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We went here for breakfast based on a waiter's recommendation at another restaurant. We walked in and was able to sit at the bar. We were not greeted or offered anything to drink for 20 minutes. Every table was full, but only 1/3 had food on them. Finally someone asked us what we wanted to drink. We placed our drink as well as our food order in hopes to save time. 45 minutes passed and still no food. No one came back by to check drinks even. I looked around and all the tables were full but no one had food on their tables. Everyone was waiting. Finally one hour after our arrival our food was served. The portions were large but the quality is as good as I could get at IHOP. We had been there for 1 1/2 hours was ready to get out of there and get on with our day. Finally had to get up and go to the cash register to ask for the check and pay.
I don't know what the issue was but they should have staffed up for the Labor Day weekend or offer a fixed-menu to make it easier on them. I doubt I would go back.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank FitTrainer
Denver, Colorado
“Awesome Breakfast!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Fresh and healthy food fast, with good service at a reasonable price. They had peach pancakes on special in August with fresh local palisade peaches. YUM!

Visited August 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Good Food .... Horrific Service”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stopped here for lunch and were told to grab a seat anywhere.

We waited about 10 minutes for the server to show up at our table. She had a bad attitude from the second she walked up to our table. She was surly, bitter and rude throughout the dining experience.

She asked what we wanted to drink and everyone wanted water and I had coffee. She gave us a snarly look and said "oh". Then proceeded to walk off.

She never did offer us menus and everyone at the table had to share one we grabbed off another table.

She returned 10 minutes later and asked if we were ready to order. We were two couples and asked for separate checks. She sighs and responds, "It will take a lot longer".

We ordered our food which came up pretty fast. She brought the food and I asked for a set of silverware since there were only 3 sets of service at the table when we sat down. I never got any silverware. My friend had to tear her napkin in half for me.

My soup was not very hot but I was afraid to ask her to warm it up for fear she would spit in it.

I was never offered another refill on my coffee either. She was a ghost most of the time and I could never even find her to flag down for more coffee.

When we asked for the check she brought the checks and left them without saying a word ... no thank you, no kiss my butt, nothing.

I did find out our server's name was Heather because it was on the check.

Would never return even if I was starving to death. Way too many places in CB with great service to eat.

• Visited August 2013