“Best ever ...”
Review of Soupcon Restaurant

Soupcon Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Soupcon Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 68 Restaurants in Crested Butte
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2011

After hours of fly fishing, my husband and I had big appetites. We are from San Francisco Bay area and wanted local food.The fly fishing guide recommended Soupcon for an elk dinner. Soupcon is a charming restaurant on the small side but clearly fitting its mountain town location. The day's menu did not feature elk but fortunately Chef Jason came to our table . When I mentioned that I was looking for elk, he quickly said that he could make it happen. And he did - elk medallions in a demi-glace sauce with asparagus,carrots and bok choy - cooked to perfection. I loved it! My husband ordered the veal chop stuffed with goat cheese. He enjoyed it down to the last bite. Service was excellent. Soupcon delivers an excellent intimate dining experience that is better than any I have had in the San Francisco Bay area.

Reviewed July 5, 2011

This is a small establishment, so if the person at the next table is having issues with pollen or other nasal passage irritants, you will be most intimately involved.

In contrast to the size of the room, the portions here are very very large. This is probably a response to people who have been riding their Mtn Bikes all day. My Filet Mignon with "Giant Pomme Frites" consisted of at least 5 thick slices of tenderloin roast (which was somewhat dry my fault for ordering it medium) upon a not quite ample portion of demi glace, and a large pile of thick cut fries stacked log cabin style. There was also an incredibly rich stilton cheese and walnut stuffed woodear mushroom cap.

Upon seeing our orders arrive, and the large pile of pomme frites, one of our well heeled dining "companions" (only by virtue of their very near proximity) remarked "THATS WHY I DIDNT ORDER THAT", so when she received her massive bone in veal chop (The size of some rib-eye steaks) balanced atop a pile of purée de pommes de terre, we made subtle urpy sounds and gagging motions.

The puff pastry and mushroom appetizer was just delicious and I wish I had just had a couple of those. We had a wonderful cote du rhone ( 1 glass each). No dessert. No coffee. Dinner for two $175

1  Thank M0untainH0me
Reviewed March 21, 2011

The escargot appetizer, and the lamb shank, and elk entrees were outstanding! The desserts were fabulous as well! This amazing little intimate restaurant is not to be missed!

Reviewed March 21, 2011

Le Soupcon was recommended by a regular visitor to Crested Butte and we were fortunate to experience Le Soupcon's first price-fixe, five course tasting dinner, with wines selectedt to match the outstanding food. The atmosphere is great - lot's of charm but in no way pretentious. Service was also great. We had some great meals in Crested Butte and this was clearly the apogee - although from New York, we found this restaurant (as well as some others) to be as good, if not better, than what we can find in the Big Apple. You have to try this wonderful restaurant

Reviewed March 13, 2011

Great food and friendly attentive service. Chef Jason obviously loves his work and it shows. We enjoyed it so much, we went twice in one week, the second time taking local friends.