“Rank: B. Great Food and Value, But Long Wait Times”
Review of Secret Stash

Secret Stash
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery
Description: We've moved to a huge new space at 303 Elk Ave right down town. Same great pizza and atmosphere and much shorter wait times (we've tripled our pizza making capacity! Come see why we have been voted Crested Butte's Best Pizza and Wings every year since 2002 when we opened! So you’ve made it to Crested Butte + found the Secret Stash. Good job! Now that you’re here, kick back, relax + chill.You are far away from the hustle and bustle of fast food America. Dining at the Stash is an experience for all the senses, one to be enjoyed to the fullest.We’re not trying to get you in and out as quickly as possible. We’re trying to create a truly memorable dining experience for you, one that stays with you forever.
New York City, New York
“Rank: B. Great Food and Value, But Long Wait Times”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I would give the restaurant a "Four" or "Five," except the waiting times were killer. For five people, we were told the wait time would be two hours. We gave them our number, walked to another bar and after about an hour and fifteen minutes, were called back. We were seated on the second story, at a table in the corner where we sat on cushioned chairs on the ground. Wasn't bad except the taller people had a tough time sitting w/ the sloped roof. I heard the restaurant is moving soon to a larger location soon, so hopefully this issue will be moot. The food overall is great. The salads aren't anything special, but the barbecue pizza and the fig pizza are fantastic. Great price point and very filling.

Athens, Georgia
“Absolutely the Most Interesting Pizza!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Had the Mac Daddy which smells & tastes amazingly like a Big Mac. Delicious! Also had a half Fig & half Hampton which had very unique tastes and loved them both. No leftovers & 4 very full people.

“Great food but poor service from kitchen”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We arrived on a Monday night and waited 1 hr 45 minutes to be seated. We ordered food and waited over an hour and a half for it to come. At the end of the meal, we told the waiter about our frustration and he said "well there is a disclaimer about the long waits". He must have told all the other employees that we were upset and they all gave us dirty looks as we left. One of the other female staff members even talked trash to us when we left. Great food and our waiter did a good job of getting us drinks etc but I'll never go back. 3-4 hour wait is ridiculous!

Grand Junction
“tasty pizza not worth the wait or pricetag”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Arrived at 5:30 on weekend. Had to wait 1 hr 20 minutes then had to wait to order and wait another 1 hour for pizza to arrive. Seating on the floor not fun and bill for 2 ppl, having waited 3 hours to finish a pizza dinner was $100.

Visited February 2013
London
“'Pizza Paradise'”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I know I'm written a few 5 stay reviews, which suggests I lack any critical faculties whatsoever, but trust me I'll type up the bad ones when I'm done with good ones. Thang about the Butte is, it's full of my favourite places in the World. I mean absolutely jam bloody packed with them. Swing a cat and you'll hit one. The smallest little town, at the end a valley in the mountains of Colorado has some of the best food I've ever eaten, the best drinks I've ever supped and the best B&B. So it comes as little surprise that it also, in the guise of the Stash, has the best pizza joint in the world. It's to be found at the end of the main street, Elk, in a beautiful old mining shack, decorated like a San Fran hang-out circa 67'. You can sit on bean bags, stare into the eyes of your loved one and eat yourself stupid all under erotic red light.

The pizzas are simply sensational. Most of the year I don't bother eating it, because every slice I eat elsewhere never compares, not even a hope. Like the Dogwood, I dream of this place, I fantasise and bore friends and family about it. Don't miss the Notorious F.I.G., it's won all sorts of awards and if you can handle 16'', oo er, then you have my absolute total respect.

Whatever you do when you're in Crested Butte, do not miss out on a night or more gorging yourself insensible in the Stash!