“'Pizza Paradise'”

Secret Stash
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery
Description: We've moved to a huge new space at 303 Elk Ave right down town. Same great pizza and atmosphere and much shorter wait times (we've tripled our pizza making capacity! Come see why we have been voted Crested Butte's Best Pizza and Wings every year since 2002 when we opened! So you’ve made it to Crested Butte + found the Secret Stash. Good job! Now that you’re here, kick back, relax + chill.You are far away from the hustle and bustle of fast food America. Dining at the Stash is an experience for all the senses, one to be enjoyed to the fullest.We’re not trying to get you in and out as quickly as possible. We’re trying to create a truly memorable dining experience for you, one that stays with you forever.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I know I'm written a few 5 stay reviews, which suggests I lack any critical faculties whatsoever, but trust me I'll type up the bad ones when I'm done with good ones. Thang about the Butte is, it's full of my favourite places in the World. I mean absolutely jam bloody packed with them. Swing a cat and you'll hit one. The smallest little town, at the end a valley in the mountains of Colorado has some of the best food I've ever eaten, the best drinks I've ever supped and the best B&B. So it comes as little surprise that it also, in the guise of the Stash, has the best pizza joint in the world. It's to be found at the end of the main street, Elk, in a beautiful old mining shack, decorated like a San Fran hang-out circa 67'. You can sit on bean bags, stare into the eyes of your loved one and eat yourself stupid all under erotic red light.

The pizzas are simply sensational. Most of the year I don't bother eating it, because every slice I eat elsewhere never compares, not even a hope. Like the Dogwood, I dream of this place, I fantasise and bore friends and family about it. Don't miss the Notorious F.I.G., it's won all sorts of awards and if you can handle 16'', oo er, then you have my absolute total respect.

Whatever you do when you're in Crested Butte, do not miss out on a night or more gorging yourself insensible in the Stash!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Had to try this due to the rating as the best pizza in Crested Butte. Gotta be honest, pizza at the Avalanche was way better. Neat, cozy atmosphere, but nothing special.

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Tried to go for dinner on Friday night but there was over an hour wait. Went back for lunch the next day and enjoyed a slice. Best BBQ chicken pizza ever. You can order any pizza by the slice which is awesome but pricey at $6 a slice but worth it!!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Fabulous, interesting place. We went after the Mardi Gras Parade - and only a short wait to get a table. Service was wonderful. As they state, expect a wait for your pizza - it will be worth it! Started with the wings - unlike any I have ever had - not too spicy, filled with flavor. We ordered the Big Mac, and Figalicious pizzas. Both were amazing! Unlike anything I have ever had before. Perfect crust - flavor beyond belief. This is one restaurant you do not want to be shy when ordering. Go for something different - you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

This was our second visit to Crested Butte and this is the first place we went back to for dinner. We became friends with a waitress from here on our first visit and we actually came back to see her! Came here twice during our stay this time. Once just for drinks at the bar and ordered some late night carry out- stuffed mushrooms and a pizza with eggs on it- not sure of the name but it was amazing. The other night we sat at the bar again and ordered the fig pizza- also amazing. Yum, yum.... This is a very busy, popular place and rightfully so. Interior is very funky- that's why it's called the Secret Stash & Groove Emporium. Thanks so much Faith for befriending some crazy tourists..... that's the true spirit of the Butte!