“Expected a little more wow”
Review of Ginger Cafe

Ginger Cafe
Ranked #16 of 67 Restaurants in Crested Butte
Cuisines: Indian, Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2012

After hearing great reviews from people who'd been here, I was excited for an amazing meal. I didn't think it was that great. The flavors were just okay and the presentation was weak. We had the Thai green curry. The chicken was dry and there was barely any eggplant in the dish. Also had the Vindaloo shrimp salad. The shrimp was overcooked and there weren't that many shrimp for a $14 salad. I would not go back.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Well...I love Thai food, and I love Indian food. In fact, all Asian food is at the top of my list. And whenever I go out for that type of food, I can usually get my food "mild" as opposed to "hot". I just can't do a ton of spice. I've tried Ginger Cafe over the years off and on, hoping to finally hit upon a dish that doesn't cause my mouth to go up in flames. And I've been told that I can't get my dish spiced to order. Why? That, I don't know. But every dish I've tried has made me just plain uncomfortable. Anyway, if you like spice, this place is great. And the kids' fare is good too b/c--you've guessed it, there's a pattern here--it's not terribly spicy. The Ginger Cafe would get 5 stars easily if I could just regulate how hot the food is.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stopped in for a late lunch. The menu was a nice variety of interesting items and wish we could have tried more of them. The spring rolls and tempura shrimp were outstanding.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stopped in for lunch during USAProchallenge race without preexisting review knowledge. Instantly greeted by friendy waitstaff. Had the Pad Thai with tofu and vegetarian thai rice....unbelievable flavor and presentation (medium spice +). Better than our favorite Thai Bistro in Littleton. And the Ginger creme brulee was fantastic (and I'm a creme brulee snob!).
A great repast at reasonable prices from a smaller venue in Crested Butte!
Congratulations!

3  Thank romanylife123
Reviewed August 14, 2012

we ate here on a rainy monday, we really wanted the deck, but alas, the rain was on our parade. we were seated inside and everything that came to the table was delish! we had a seasonal peach lavosh that was laced with truffle oil, and crab rangoons, which unlike most asian restaurants, there was actually crab in them!! service was attentive and exactly what we wanted, not too much, and not too little. mango mojito is the drink of choice here for me.

3  Thank steph b