“Sooooo good!”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Gunnison, Colorado
“Sooooo good!”
Reviewed April 18, 2011

I consider Izzy's as my breakfast "treat". If I do enough physical exercise to warrant a food reward this is my go to.

Visited January 2011

New York City, New York
“Favorite breakfast/lunch in town”
Reviewed February 14, 2011

This place is small but has a line out the door at times but the wait was worth it We came here 3 times in our 3 day trip. Besides the tourists I saw plenty of locals so you know its good. Everything seemed fresh and my kids loved the latkes. A must eat.

• Visited February 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“My favorite place in Crested Butte”
Reviewed September 26, 2010

Izzys is my favorite restaurant in Crested Butte. Something about the atmosphere suits me perfectly. It is a small place and it can be crowded - I usually try to plan it so that if it is too crowded when I first go in, I can go run my other errands and come back in 20 minutes - I've had good luck with it being less crowded when I come back.

For breakfast, I love their challah french toast, cinnamon rolls and latkes. For lunch, I love their "Deli Style" sandwich - turkey, coleslaw and Russian dressing (I skip the cheese and get it on white instead of rye). They serve Camp 4 Coffee, which is good.

Charleston, SC
“Latkes to die for!”
Reviewed March 22, 2010

We found Izzy's by accident last year, and wound up having a spectacular lunch and wonderful conversation with the owner. Went back for breakfast this year (only because the weather was lousy and we didn't ski our last day) and the food was just as good. The latkes are a specialty and are absolutely marvelous, but everything we've had has been great. It's small and seating is tight, but it's well worth it and one of the consistent highlights of our CB experience.

Birmingham
“A great place not to be missed”
Reviewed January 10, 2010

The minute you walk into Izzy's with all the locals, you know you have hit upon a winner. The food is creative and delicious. It is obvious the owner takes great pride in his food. The staff is exceedingly friendly. Our order was taking a little longer than expected and they brought out a warm banana chocolate chip muffin that was out of this world.
The building is charming and cozy. The owner greeted most every customer by name as they came in. Spending time here makes me want to move to CB.