“Seek out Slogar”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Make your reservation! The line usually goes out of the parlor and out the door!
Slogar serves only fried chicken or steak dinners, family style. Second on everything! Biscuits are fabulous, cole slaw very good and preserved pears--to die for! Cottage cheese, celery and tomato relish that is perfect aside the cottage cheese. Divine strawberry preserves for those biscuits. That delicious fried chicken is always our choice. There are always enough leftovers to take home for another meal! All age groups love Slogar: I brought my HS choice here on performance tour once, & they talked and talked about their great evening together!

Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

There are less than five real chicken places that I know of and this is one of them. We have been eating here for years. We were Jeeping in Colorado and we intentionally diverted our Jeep trip by 75 miles so we could have dinner here. This is my friends favorite restaurant.

Meals are served family style with potatoes and gravy, corn, cole slaw, relish, pickles, and cottage cheese.

The owner is a great guy and all of the staff are friendly and take good care of you.

I highly recommend eating at Slogars, great comfort food and you are welcome dressed up or down.

Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

This is an amazing family style restaurant! We always get the fried chicken. They serve you so much food, you are sure to have leftovers. Martha was our server and she is amazing. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Save this place for a special night ... because you won't leave here hungry. They serve up excellent chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, and biscuits family style!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

We were in the mood for down home food and Slogars was recommended. We did not have reservations, but they fit us in anyway. We sat at our table and the waitress started to bring out appetizers. There were only two choices for dinner, fried chicken or steak. Everything else came with dinner. The appetizers were homemade and delicious. The biscuits were perfect and tons of chicken, cole slaw, creamed corn (best I ever had) and I cant even remember all the food they brought. Dessert was a nice touch. MmmmmmMmmmm