“Good Ice Cream”

Third Bowl Homemade Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Crested Butte
Description: Third Bowl is truly homemade ice cream, made from scratch, in small batches, right here in our shop!
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Worth a stop when in Crested Butte. Waffle cones are really good so give them a try. Don't fall for two scopes. They are very generous so unless you just want a lot of ice cream, one scope is plenty. Texture is very close to home churned ice cream and they have a variety of unusual flavors. Stop by on your walk on Elk.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

You can tell the ice cream is good before you order when you see there is a line all day and through the evening at Third Bowl. The homemade favors are interesting and unique. Our group had Mexican mocha, double chocolate, vanilla, snickerdoodle, and others. The non-dairy blueberry and cinnamon honey got rave reviews as well. We passed on the more unusual flavors which change daily. If you like a certain flavor, don't expect to find it again the next day. The homemade waffle cones were yummy also.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Great service, fun vibe, delicious small-batch ice cream, and the BEST house-made waffle cone I've ever had!

My pistachio ice cream was flavorful and fresh, though not as creamy as I've had elsewhere. The cone itself was addicting - it was unlike any waffle cones I've had and wasn't as light or airy, but it had an excellent crunch, mild sweetness, and a hint of butter which made the cone shine above all others!

The interior is small and most customers were savoring their treats outside in the nice weather. By 3PM on a summer Sunday, the crowds had steadied and we were 3rd in line. There was a sign saying the ice cream is made in small batches on-premise, and the tubs were all clearly labeled with the flavors. The flavors themselves were on the unique side (ie, grapefruit, PB&J, pineapple-habanero) and I was impressed that nearly a third of them were non-dairy. There was something for everyone.

Alas, I played it safe with the pistachio and ordered 1 scoop. The employee heaped a large ball of ice cream into my cone, then, with a twinkle in his eyes, clarified with me that 1 scoop was what I wanted. I confirmed. He proceeded to heap a second huge scoop on top of the first mound before handing it over to me with a grin. Now THAT is service.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

If you're spending the day or evening in Crested Butte, then you have to stop here for a treat. The have excellent homemade ice-cream with unique flavors!

Reviewed August 4, 2014

They had a tent at the Arts Festival, with several flavors. I asked for the blueberry cookie ice cream. All is home-made, and naturally sourced. Only real ingredients here. It was yummy! (even if it did freeze my tongue).