“A perfect weekend!”
Review of The Nordic Inn

The Nordic Inn
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We recently stayed at the Nordic Inn and had the most amazing experience. Kim and her husband were warm and welcoming, even spending time with us over breakfast to help us plan what hikes to do that day. The room was very clean and comfortable. Every detail of the Inn felt cozy and my husband and I instantly felt at home. We will certainly be return guests.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Nordic Inn

Reviewed June 9, 2013

The staff called us the day of our arrival to provide directions. Upon arrival, we were greeted with lemonade and friendly faces. Don't let the hotel facade fool you; inside the hotel is beautiful--modern with a mountain touch. Clean hot tob, nice grounds, and then the exterior starts to grow on you. Cozy room with one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. The Nordic Inn staff have excellent suggestions for hiking, dining, and all things Crested Butte.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My girlfriends and I wanted a weekend away and decided Crested Butte was the final destination. While in the lobby for breakfast, we were greeted by the owners who sat and talked to us, recommended places to eat and hike, and were so friendly and accommodating. They waited up for us to arrive till after midnight! I would definitely go back!

Room Tip: They were redoing all of the rooms while we were there, so while we were in one of the dated rooms...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The Nordic Inn was a pleasure to stay at over the long Memorial Day weekend. The rooms were very comfortable, bordering on luxurious - though on the smaller side. The intent of the small room is to make you feel comfortable while in them, but encouraging you to explore all of what Crested Butte has to offer. I only wish there was seating on the upper balcony to relax with a glass of wine or just to sit and really take in the incredible view from the Inn.

The weather was impeccable, which lead to a want/need to be outdoors as much as possible. The Innkeeper Kim was well versed in the surrounding trails that were no longer snow packed this early in the season. I went for a hike on the Snodgrass Trail and the Lower Loop Trail, both recommended by Kim.

The Snodgrass Trail (7 miles round trip) is a moderate hike that starts with an uphill climb that is immediately rewarded by spectacular views and a moderate walk through a woodsy area. It was a great workout - the only downside was the number of mountain bikers sharing the trail - I would recommend getting an early start to avoid the bulk of the bikers which seemed to hit the trail between 11am - 1pm. Don't forget your camera!

The Lower Loop Trail (not sure of distance, walked out for an hour and then back - could have gone further though) is a very easy walk along the local river. Pretty views which are pretty much around every turn in Crested Butte and enough shady areas to make the walk very pleasant. There is a "restricted parking" area closer to the trail head that we didn't park in, but everyone else on the planet did - I would recommend parking there and ignoring the "restricted parking" sign. Don't forget your camera!

The continental breakfast at the Inn is light and convenient, which was great for my long hike day. If you are looking for a more hearty breakfast head into town to Izzy's which is in an alley, but totally worth it! They are known for the latkes and are included in just about every dish they serve. Kim will be able to direct you on Izzy's location. Brick Oven Pizza (recommended by Kim) is also a great place to grab a seat on the patio, have a beer and people watch (the pizza is pretty good too!) The shops in town were a little disappointing - Estes Park and Breckenridge have much better shopping. The poor shopping only made me want to relax more - which was the goal of the mini-vacation.

A very pleasant stay at the Nordic Inn and Kim really made me feel comfortable in my surroundings. I was by myself for the first night and felt completely safe at the Nordic Inn as well as in Crested Butte town. I will go back again someday for sure! Regards, EllenT.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Just returned from our weekend away in Crested Butte and couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. The location is amazing, with close proximity to the mountain, as well as a 2 minute walk down to the bottom of the ski village where you can catch a bus into town that runs throughout the day and late into the night! The Nordic Inn is charming and comfortable. We brought our two pups with us and they felt just as welcome as we were. Kim is very accommodating and very enjoyable to be around. She remembers your names, asks what you did and if you need recommendations, etc. Feels like we've known her many years even though we just met. If you are looking for a cozy, inviting place to stay within reach of anything you need-this is the place!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Lindsay T
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have yet to even stay at the Nordic Inn and Kim has made me feel at home and has saved my little mini vacation. I purchased a Groupon, so not even a full rate customer and she went out of her way to help me out.

I had some unexpected scheduling conflicts with my weekend excursion and started to freak out a bit internally. Kim was able to help me change my reservation which in turn kept me calm and made it a very easy process. Her relaxed demeanor helped me continue my day without being flustered.

Thanks Kim!! We look forward to our stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Job well done with the renovations!

However, the service was what makes me want to come back. Kim is an amazing owner operator...she's definitely real, down to earth and hospitable. Taylor did a great job during breakfast and check out.

Charming, charming, charming!

What an excellent home away from home!

• Stayed: April 2013