“Really good Nepali food”
Review of Sherpa Cafe

Sherpa Cafe
Ranked #31 of 68 Restaurants in Crested Butte
Cuisines: Nepali
Boulder, Colorado, United States
“Really good Nepali food”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

If you want to support a great local business and like a touch of the exotic, you can't beat Sherpa's Cafe in both Gunnison and Crested Butte. The owner is a Sherpa transplant who still guides Westerners on trips to his home country Nepal. He is delightful to talk to and very informative. He and his family cook, serve and entertain guests with the wonderful simple flavors of Nepal cooking that combined are a treat and a true break from hamburgers and fries. I had the good fortune of discovering and stopping at Pemba's place in Gunnison on my way to our family Ranch in SW Colorado. I sat in the shade outside and had a great lunch and shared my past trips (3) to Nepal and learned about Pemba's upcoming guided trips planned. You can't find a more hospitable people than the Nepalis and Pemba and his family serve delicious Nepali food with a true Sherpa flair. Don't miss it.

• Visited June 2013

Richmond Hill
“Surprisingly tasty!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Locally I've tried Tibetan/Nepali (?) food, and I'm impressed by its richness in taste and complexity. Seeing a similar restaurant in Gunnison, CO made for an experiment in a far off place from home. I was NOT disappointed. The quality and quantity justified a slightly higher price for the Vindaloo lamb. It was tender, tasty, and I wanted more after finishing the sumptuous plate. The staff were super friendly and accommodating; never intrusive. A definite surprise 3000km from home!!!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“A little gem”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The food at Sherpa is very good and if you are vegetarian this is the place. We had quite a few dishes and were very happy with the food. The place is not fancy but clean and the staff very friendly.

Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tastes Like Home..”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The saag was awesome....could have been hotter-temperature. The naan was good. The Nepalese chili had meat which was dry but the vegetables were very tasty. We had ordered beef and lamb. Could not tell which was which, we left it. Service was very good and friendly. I would go there again. Cannot remember name of our other dish which had chicken and veggies in a light orange-colored sauce-it was very good.

Gunnison, Colorado
“Very Healthy and Natural”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I am in love with this place. The atmosphere was very friendly and nice people. I had lots of choices, but I got the best one "Jal Frezzi". I went to the kitchen to see the tandoori oven. All the ingredients in kitchen was natural. It was all turmeric, cumin, coriander, cloves, cardamom,cinnamon and many other green vegetables. Very nice naan bread. I just love it. Come here to eat healthy food.

• Visited June 2013