“YUM”

Cuisines: Nepali
DALLAS
“YUM”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Loved the quaintness of this little restaurant. We actually were recommended from friends of ours at Slogars and were totally pleased. Sherpa is in a quaint little house (they are expanding) and run by a quaint Nepali family from Cat Man Du...Their dad has climbed Mount Everest 2x without oxygen (my husband couldnt be more impressed) Food was delicious and we will definitely be back...momo (dumplings were great) as was the noodle dish we had.

Visited December 2012

Temple, Texas
“little bit of Nepal”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

small cafe off elk st. run by Nepalese family who migrated to this area. Recipes distinctly regional and resembling Indian food. Not my favorite type food but might be for you.

Visited June 2012
denver
“Amazing!”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

My family thinks The Sherpa cafe is amazing! My daughter says the tikki masala is to DIE for! It's absolutely delicious. We love the friendly people who run the place. We never miss this place when we are in cb.

• Visited March 2012
Aspen, Colorado
“Avoid this place like the plague”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This place is horrible!

We ordered food to go. The samosas were not like any samosa I've ever had. It was wrapped in some heavy dough and baked, not fried. The dough was like pizza dough, it was weird and nasty. The Tika Masala was bland and flavorless. The sauce looked and tasted like generic Spaghettios sauce, not any normal color of natural sauce. I also ordered a chicken saag, there were about three quarter size pieces of chicken total. I basically got a big cup of sauted spinach with some weird bland broth on the side. Totally tasteless.

The garlic naan had the consistency of a soggy cracker, very thin and gross. Fell apart to the touch.

We called ahead but I still had to wait. From the temp of the food when we opened it, I think they cooked one thing at a time, and poorly.

The only thing that was pleasant about the whole experience was the cup of amazing Chai tea they gave me.

This place was the worst meal I've ever eaten, and I've been to some questionable places.

Only go to Sherpa if you want some yummy Chai tea, other than that avoid this dreadful place.

Crested Butte, Colorado
“Disapointed”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I ordered a carry-out of Napali chili with rice and soup and for $13.54 I was extremely disappointed. The portion size was very small, the Napali chili hardly covered the bottom of the container. The rice was the same. The dish itself was miles away from its description and was bland. I had to add my own stir-fry rice to it to give it any flavour. There was no chili in it, no peppers and consisted of under-seasoned meet, a few veg and frozen pees. Crested Butte is an expensive place as it serves the tourist market but for the price I paid for a single dish at the Sherpa Cafe I expect a lot more flavour, quality and portion size. Not impressed!

• Visited October 2012