“Lots of trails, well maintained”

Crested Butte Nordic Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Crested Butte Nordic is a non profit Nordic ski area that maintains 55 kilometers of immaculately groomed trails around the Town of Crested Butte, Colorado's Nordic Town. We offer complete ski and snowshoe rental packages as well as private lessons, clinics, tours and fine yurt dining. Our Nordic Center and trail-heads are within walking distance from all of Crested Butte’s restaurants and lodgings.
Colorado Springs
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Lots of trails, well maintained”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

This was our first time at the CB Nordic Center. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful. We spent two days skiing the trails and especially enjoyed the ones to Magic Meadows. I'd definitely recommend checking out Crested Butte's Nordic Center.

Visited February 2014
4 Thank 9pretzels

Birmingham, Alabama
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Help when you need it............”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

Visited here when I first arrived this year on our trip to Crested Butte. Exactly what I was looking for, help and guidance for a first-time "snowshoer". Good instruction on equipment, groomed trails, and levels of difficulty. Staff were friendly, very helpful, and knowledgeable.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank sohohe
Windsor, CT
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Next to a Bus Stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

Once you get up the hill the trails are great.

Prices are easy on the wallet.

Take your camera on a nice day.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Dr_Bill_Corcoran
Austin, Texas
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Can't Wait to go Back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

I had the opportunity to visit the Nordic Center twice during my stay in Crested Butte. This was an amazing experience both times. Since I have a fear of going down hill, I dropped my family off at the mountain base for alpine skiing, then headed to town for Nordic Skiing. I scheduled a private one hour lesson on classic cross country skiing. My instructor, Tony, was terrific. He was patient and fun. He even kept me past the one hour mark since I was picking up the technique quickly. On my second scheduled lesson, Tony worked with me on overcoming my down hill fear.

Everyone who works at the Nordic Center really seems to love their job and it shows. Next year, I think I should be able to rent the equipment and head to the trails solo.

Thanks Shane and Tony.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank w0rktraveler2012
Everywhere!
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Helpful and great prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

These guys are great - they cater to everyone, not just the well to do tourists. Ice skates, snow shoes, skis, nice!

Visited December 2013