“Can't Wait to go Back”

Crested Butte Nordic Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Crested Butte Nordic is a non profit Nordic ski area that maintains 55 kilometers of immaculately groomed trails around the Town of Crested Butte, Colorado's Nordic Town. We offer complete ski and snowshoe rental packages as well as private lessons, clinics, tours and fine yurt dining. Our Nordic Center and trail-heads are within walking distance from all of Crested Butte’s restaurants and lodgings.
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I had the opportunity to visit the Nordic Center twice during my stay in Crested Butte. This was an amazing experience both times. Since I have a fear of going down hill, I dropped my family off at the mountain base for alpine skiing, then headed to town for Nordic Skiing. I scheduled a private one hour lesson on classic cross country skiing. My instructor, Tony, was terrific. He was patient and fun. He even kept me past the one hour mark since I was picking up the technique quickly. On my second scheduled lesson, Tony worked with me on overcoming my down hill fear.

Everyone who works at the Nordic Center really seems to love their job and it shows. Next year, I think I should be able to rent the equipment and head to the trails solo.

Thanks Shane and Tony.

2  Thank w0rktraveler2012

Reviewed December 28, 2013

These guys are great - they cater to everyone, not just the well to do tourists. Ice skates, snow shoes, skis, nice!

1  Thank Traveling_Man_321
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I got up to Crested Butte with hopes of finding early season nordic skiing.....what I found far exceeded my expectations... The Crested Butte Nordic Center offers the best early skiing in the state of Colorado. The Center grooms Lily Lake for classic skiing as an early season teaser for anyone to get a jump on the season. The skiing yesterday was absolutely beautiful. I enjoyed the opportunity to ski with the Director of the Nordic Center, Keith Bauer, who shared his excitement about the new 'homologated trail' on the bench. It will also be the highest homologated venue in North America, if not the world. Homologation guarantees that a trail meets international standards, set by FIS (the International Ski Federation), and will allow Crested Butte to host events, like collegiate races and races on the national pro circuit. This is one more reason that I would argue CB is the Nordic Ski Capital of Colorado. And best of all, there is no fee for early skiing at Lily Lake.

2  Thank rockola81224
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stopped in and learned about the CB Adaptive Sports Center. It seems like they have great programming!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

There are so many great trails that are so close for snow shoeing and cross country skiing. They are well-marked and nicely groomed and then are many trails in the National Forests too.

2  Thank L B