“Overall good”

Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dallas, Texas
“Overall good”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

This is one of our favorite restaurants in Crested Butte. We expected to rate it a 5 as usual, but had one dish that wasn't up to their standard, the soft shell crab. It was very fishy. On the other hand, the calamari was outstanding, and there was lots of it. The other dishes we ordered were very good too, as was the saki. Service was attentive.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank gileslw

Norman, Oklahoma
“Must visit while in CB”
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Came for a weekday lunch and absolutely loved it! My husband had the Thai Curry with peanut sauce and we both couldn't get enough of it! Staff is attentive and pleasant. Food is delicious- try a hot sake while you're here!!

3 Thank PandaNom
Colorado Springs
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Be ready to shout across the table”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

This was our second time to Ryce. As I recall our food was very good the last time we were here two years ago. This time, however, my meal was mediocre at best. I had the peanut chicken which had no spice or zing. The portion was large, but sadly I had no desire to finish it. The coconut shrimp appetizer was superb though. My wife's drunken noodles were somewhat monotonous as there were very few vegetables and what looked like 2 pounds of noodles. I prefer smaller portions with higher quality ingredients.

The real problem is the atmosphere. We had to literally shout at each other across the table to have a conversation. The drunk party in the center of the restaurant was half the problem. But while the staff didn't mind serving them drinks repeatedly, my 35 year old wife was refused a glass of wine as she forgot her drivers license. I understand carding, but in this instance I was a little perturbed considering how liberal they were with serving drunk people more alcohol.

Ultimately, there are many better options in Crested Butte for a dinner date for two.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Christopher S
nyc
“Good Asian food”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

very good food, service, decor, and value. Would definitely return. It is Asian (not sure exactly which Asian food (Thai maybe??), not Chinese that's for sure), so be sure you are not going for a hamburger or something.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank NycQwerty
Boulder, Colorado
“A CB Favorite”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Best place in CB if you are looking for Asian food - portions are generous - one order is usually sufficient for two adults (if you prefer the same dish). Service is usually excellent, even during peak dinner hours, and prices are very reasonable... relaxed atmosphere in a cozy, yet generous amount of space.

Visited December 2013