“no fi wi fi” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mountain Views by Rivers Edge

Mountain Views by Rivers Edge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Creede
Mountain Views by Rivers Edge
Ranked #12 of 14 Specialty Lodging in Creede
Dallas, Texas
“no fi wi fi”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

An excellent park except there are no shaded areas and their online wifi is miserable. If you want to stay connected go elsewhere. If you want shade trees, go elsewhere. The lots are wide. The lodge is nice. Creede is great for scenery.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Grndad

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Georgetown, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Positives: large sites that are level, close to Main Street in Creede, lovely lodges and landscaping; laundry room top notch; staff seemed friendly

Negatives: for the price of the regular rv sites I would expect a higher quality of wifi. For the most part it's virtually non existent. Full time RVers expect wifi to conduct their daily affairs without glitches.
We stayed near the gate and there was too much construction vehicles coming through the gate.

I am glad we arrived early in the day because I wouldnot have been very nice if they had not let me in.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank texcyn
Palmer, Alaska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

I made a reservation by phone. I was told that the only thing available was a 50amp site in the resort side. I was told that the exercise room and hot tub were only for the leasees. During my stay, there seemed to be plenty of 'RV Park' spots open.

There is not much to do at this 'resort' They have a very well stocked pond that is catch and keep only at the cost of $4.50/fish. You can also fish the Rio Grande, but watch out...If you get too close to the house up stream, you will be accused of trespassing. They have rental movies for $1.50 each...I wonder if they are licensed to rent movies?

I arrived at 11:30pm (vehicle trouble/weather/mountain driving) and pushed the call button. It rang to a telephone in the office. Nobody answered. I looked at my cell phone and found there was a message. A call from Mountain Views RV and it stated that they are closing up. The call was placed just after 8:00pm. I saw that the call was from a Tucson, AZ number. I called the number back and a grumpy man told me that quiet time started at 10:00pm. He said that he was not going to get out of bed and unlock the gate just for me and that he called me earlier. There was no mention of a "quiet" time and that the gate would not be opened for me past a certain time during my reservation phone call. Nor is there anything about this on their website. I told the grumpy man this and he stated that is just how it is. I asked him what am I to do with my family for the night. He told me to park outside the gate on the side of the road. WOW...really? I asked him if they were going to charge me for this night and I was told that he was not the one to make that decision. Well...I parked outside the gate beside the road for the night. I checked in the next morning. I found out that the woman in the office was the grumpy man's spouse. WOW...really? He didn't know?

I am great with elderly people. I have to say that I will be old someday and I will want people to be nice to me, so I have a great respect for elderly people. But this is not so for the people running the place.

I will say that most everyone staying there was extremely friendly.

As for the people running the place, I have no respect. I will not stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank RVFamily2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Creede
Foothills Lodge & Cabins
Spruce Lodge
Spruce Lodge
#2 of 3 in South Fork
Ute Bluff Lodge, Cabins & RV Park

Been to Mountain Views by Rivers Edge? Share your experiences!