“This place has serious issues”
Review of Super 8 Craig

Super 8 Craig
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Craig
Erie, Colorado
“This place has serious issues”
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in early January '13. First, this place needs some serious maintenace. It smells of cleaners, there was spare parts, furniture and appliances in the hallways. The rooms were worn out and in bad need of repair. One bed in our room was broken and sagged in the middle. The heater in the room only warmed the room from 3 feet up. The floor was ice cold. I think the whole motel is heated using in-wall AC/Heaters. Lights flickered like some bad B movie horror film. Maid service didn't even show up. Never did see the promised breakfast. Spend the extra few bucks and stay somewhere else.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lafayette, Colorado
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I recently stayed here while I hunted elk. My dates were 12/14 - 12/19. Saturday, 12/15, was opening day and I was able to put down an elk. Rocky Mountain Inn was kind enough to allow me to break my 5 days reservation and only pay for the couple days I was there. THIS IS WHY I STAY HERE!! The other hotels in the area require that you pay up front, regardless of whether you go through an online booking site.

My room was a king size bed room. There was a bed, and heat. What more could you ask for? My only gripe was that there aren't enough electrical outlets within the room.

Great place! I will be staying there again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This place is really dirty!!! I wore shoes in the room and put my luggage on the table. The bathtub had a big crack in the middle and the whole place smells like mold. There was only one lightbulb in the room with four missing. The towels were stained and the whole place just stunk!
GROSS!!! Do not stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Craig hotels

Grosse Ile, Michigan
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This motel had the most comfortable beds we slept in on a two week trip to Colorado and Utah. The free breakfast even had sausage and eggs. Very nice linens and duvets, and the towels were even used as decorations. For $65 this is a great bargain.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Robert H
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

my family and I decided to stay here during deer season. Seriously, what the hell. I am pretty sure the lamp was used for gay sex. Someone went grand theft auto on the toilet and why is there an ironing board in the rooms? Seriously. The floor felt like I was walking on a dirl road. The smell in the halls was like a marsh and curry. The chars were held together with a prayer at best.. an ironing board? Really. I wont sleep face down on the bed cuz I dont want pink eye/face. The opposite of luxury is this. Never again.dont touch anything especially the lamps

• Stayed October 2012
Springtown, Texas
Reviewed September 22, 2012

As the last 2 posters said, old and dingy, we where there for work, so passed for a couple of nights, but no way would I bring my wife and kids. Window lock was missing, along with the screen, but front desk girl (like 13) had pre-cut boards for that??? Door latches where broken off, in fact we had left our keys in the room, on our return from work ( 5am) We could not get anyone in the office, by phone or the buzzer, a screw driver got us in the room in 1 sec since the door was so loose.

Front desk woman though was pleasant, I presume her husband seemed to be "bothered" when approached.

Breakfast was in a small room in the basement, had commercial type eggs, sausage link, 2 cereal choices (cheerios and fruit loops) and the normal waffle machine. Spend the exter $20 and try something else.

Both beds where old and sunk in the middle.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Hotel is in need of serious maintenance from the lobby area, breakfast room to individual rooms. Halls smelled of cigarette smoke, room carpet was very staIned, furniture worn and damaged. Bathroom walls had holes from prior fixtures removed, but never filled and floor had hair and dirt in corners and toilet was loose with a broken lid and permanent bowl stains. Keep in mind this hotel caters to road, oil and gas contractors and if cleanliness and comfort is essential, try the other three chain properties next store.

• Stayed September 2012