WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Good place for my stay.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bear Valley Inn

Bear Valley Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Craig
Bear Valley Inn
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Craig
n/a
“Good place for my stay.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

I was there in mid-July, 2011. I had a room in the single-level section across the back (not the two story building on the road). My room was very large with lots of furniture (large table under very large wall mounted flat screen TV), a writing desk with lamp and chair, two bed side tables, a small refirgerator with a microwave on top, large king bed (it could have easily had two queen beds in it). The rug was perhaps a little old. The dual-sink area was clean and reasonably modern. I could tell that the toilet/shower room had been recently painted. All in all quite nice. So I am very perplexed at the couple who gave a 1-star and said they had bugs. There was a large pile of "stuff" outside one room between me and the office, evidence of renovation in some units. Perhaps they got an old unit.

There was a couple next to me that I talked to that evening outside our rooms. There was a man in the room on the other side with whom I spoke early the next morning. Two other motorcyclists had a room in the two-story unit who I later saw sitting round the fire pit. All of them seemed quite happy with their stay.

The manager was friendly and helpful (with recommendations to eat). He invited me to sit out by the fire pit in the evening (I did not; went to bed very early for an early start the next day). I feel as though he would have been helpful had I had any problems. They seem to be making a concerned effort to change conditions and prior bad ratings.

PS
Check out the tree-stump carvings in the City Park.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank cj02139

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Riverton, Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

My hubby and I stayed at the Bear Vally Inn this month along with another couple. No problems at all. Girl working the desk was very nice. Room was clean. Frig, microwave coffee maker.....no pool. A great propane fire pit outside to sit around and visit with friends. Also 2 gas grills and 1 charcoal grill should you decide to grill dinner. Room was large. Only one problem really...in the bathroom there was a small cabinet type sink so there was basically no where to set things. That was a little awkward but nothing to complain about. Price was fair.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank badboy10wy
Corpus Christi, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

On arrival I was pleased with the outdoor appearance of the hotel, however, the moment we unlocked our room door and walked in, it was apparent that the web-site terribly misrepresented this hotel. We were appalled and immediately started calling other hotels in the area, all of which were completely booked for a Mine Rescue Convention. The room was dingy and dirty looking. The baseboards were crumbling, the furniture was the absolute bare minimum and very antiquated, the lighting was the worst I have EVER see (one lamp), there was visible rust on the tissue holder, ant-slip tape in the bath tub was completely loose and lying in the bottom of the tub, and after lying on the bed for just a few minutes, I had bug bites. Because I have no idea what bedbugs look like, I went to the front desk (making sure that I did not speak in front of other guests, due to respect) and asked for assistance. After her looking and questioning the manager, we came to the conclusion that it was NOT bedbugs. However, the manager did not even want to discuss the situation. I was very nice and discreet. Although, it was not bedbugs, my husband and I awoke with several bug bites and we are thinking it was most likely fleas. The TV signal freezes up. The curtains were uneven and would not close and the A/C was noisy and dripped. There is nothing personable about any of the staff that works here..at all. The brochure says they have a continental breakfast, they did not. The website says the rooms have fridges and microwaves. The 1st room we were given did not and we had to ask for another room. The 1st morning we were there, there was trash littering the outside picnic and firepit area. I understand that it is under new ownership and that may be the problem. If we could have checked out on day one, we would have. We chose this hotel based on reviews on this site. I was more than disappointed. I am trying to save someone else the trouble. We are not picky people and are very frequent travelers. We are not hard to please. My advice is: if you want a pleasant experience, DO NOT stay here.

Room Tip: There ar no decent rooms availabale. Every guest I visited with while there, was very disappointed.