“Possibly the worst hotel I have ever stayed in”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Bear Valley Inn

Bear Valley Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Craig
Bear Valley Inn
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Craig
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Possibly the worst hotel I have ever stayed in”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

On arrival I was pleased with the outdoor appearance of the hotel, however, the moment we unlocked our room door and walked in, it was apparent that the web-site terribly misrepresented this hotel. We were appalled and immediately started calling other hotels in the area, all of which were completely booked for a Mine Rescue Convention. The room was dingy and dirty looking. The baseboards were crumbling, the furniture was the absolute bare minimum and very antiquated, the lighting was the worst I have EVER see (one lamp), there was visible rust on the tissue holder, ant-slip tape in the bath tub was completely loose and lying in the bottom of the tub, and after lying on the bed for just a few minutes, I had bug bites. Because I have no idea what bedbugs look like, I went to the front desk (making sure that I did not speak in front of other guests, due to respect) and asked for assistance. After her looking and questioning the manager, we came to the conclusion that it was NOT bedbugs. However, the manager did not even want to discuss the situation. I was very nice and discreet. Although, it was not bedbugs, my husband and I awoke with several bug bites and we are thinking it was most likely fleas. The TV signal freezes up. The curtains were uneven and would not close and the A/C was noisy and dripped. There is nothing personable about any of the staff that works here..at all. The brochure says they have a continental breakfast, they did not. The website says the rooms have fridges and microwaves. The 1st room we were given did not and we had to ask for another room. The 1st morning we were there, there was trash littering the outside picnic and firepit area. I understand that it is under new ownership and that may be the problem. If we could have checked out on day one, we would have. We chose this hotel based on reviews on this site. I was more than disappointed. I am trying to save someone else the trouble. We are not picky people and are very frequent travelers. We are not hard to please. My advice is: if you want a pleasant experience, DO NOT stay here.

Room Tip: There ar no decent rooms availabale. Every guest I visited with while there, was very disappointed.