“Best Hampton Inn”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Craig
Eckley, United States
“Best Hampton Inn”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

By far the best Hampton Inn I have ever stayed at. The room was wonderful, the pool and hot tub very nice, the breakfast was great. I don't like the fact that most of the Hampton Inn's room windows don't open, making it unhealthy. I was surprised that the windows open at this hotel and allow fresh air in. The manager and staff were very accommodating.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Craig I, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Craig, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Hi Karen, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Broomfield, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I travel to Craig very often and the Hampton is fairly new with nice rooms. The wifi speed is spotty depending on the day. Fox News is constantly on in the lobby which is annoying to somebody with a non-biased outlook, but that's a minor compaing - I don't hang out in the lobby too much. I'm always congested after sleeping there, so probably not the most hypo-alegenic place. Quiet rooms unless there is someone in the hallway, then you'll hear everything they are doing - road noise isn't noticeable. Nice large televisions, but no local sports channel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your feedback. The internet is something we are always trying to better. Hope to see you again!
Clifton Park, NY
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed here for 6 days in Feb of this year. Clean, nice, modern. Great Breakfast and very polite staff. I will say that we had a team of people stay here in December of last year and they had a problem with the internet and so did I. I was fine for the first 4 days and then the internet will not connect. I talked to the front desk and the young lady said she did not know what the problem was, and also told me to bring my device down for her to check, she acted like I was a novice, if she had looked at my profile in her computer she would see I am a diamond member and stay at Hilton Property all year long, not my first rodeo. I plugged in the wire in the room and that worked for a day and then stopped and the young man at the desk that night said yeah that happens to our long term people. I think they need to look at the problem. I also needed to do laundry and after using all my quarters for the washer I needed change for the dryer and then young man at the front desk had no change and no ideas except for me to leave and go to the gas station up the street. Not even you could dry them in our dryers because I can't help you or call a manager of some sort and ask for change. So with that I tweeted Hilton and they responded for the internet problem. All said and done the Manager called me on Monday when I had already left and explained he was out of town all weekend and so forth. So apparently if he is not here no one else is in charge or can make decisions. Needless to say when I return to Craig I may just stay at a different hotel.

Room Tip: HIgher rooms may loose internet more? Great place if you don't need the internet and Bring your...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Craig I, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Craig, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Though you have already been contacted by our GM, I wanted to respond as well. I am sorry you had problems with the internet. There were no other reported problems during the time of your stay from other guests so I am not sure what went wrong. As far as the quarters problem, I have advised the front desk staff how to take care of this issue if it arises again. You mentioned not returning to our hotel, I hope that you change your mind but respect your choice.
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This hotel in Craig, CO is near the power plant where I was working for business for a couple of days. So, the location is optimal, and really, there is nothing better in Craig, CO. I did not like the pillows in the room and did not get a good night's rest because of them. Also, the breakfast has a lot of items to choose from and I usually love Hampton Inn. However, on this trip, I got the squirts around 2pm after having their breakfast around 8am. It had to be the breakfast. But, all-in-all, this was a decent Hamption Inn and I'd stay there again both in Craig and other locations nationwide.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Craig I, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Craig, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
I had responded to your first review. Again, I'm sorry you feel as though the breakfast made you sick. I asked all the staff members and guests who had eaten that day and there were no other problems. I hope you will stay with us again if you return tot he area.
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We had hockey games in Steamboat on Saturday and games in Craig on Sunday. We chose to stay in Craig both Friday and Saturday night due to the rate Hampton offered in room blocks for our team. We could not beat the price in Steamboat. In addition to a great rate we received amazing customer service from the front desk (Lynette and Aubry) to breakfast services (Sarah). They treated us like family! The rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. The 45 minute drive to Steamboat for our 7:30 am game was well worth it when you look at all that we received staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Craig, Co

• Stayed February 2014
Craig I, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Craig, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We were very happy to have you. We hope to see you again!
Morrison, Colorado
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We were extremely happy we chose to stay here for a few days over President's Day weekend to enjoy Steamboat Springs. The staff was extremely helpful and the food was excellent every morning. Our kids really enjoyed the pool. Their fitness center was one of the best I've worked out in for a hotel. We will definitely stay here again and will highly recommend it to friends.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Craig I, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Craig, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again soon!
Colorado, United States
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Very clean and friendly hotel--the room was huge! The pool is nice, with a hot tub. The breakfast potatoes were amazing! Complimentary breakfasts vary so much, but this hotel had great breakfast options and plenty of seating. We traveled with a large group, and the hotel had no trouble accommodating us and making sure our stay was fun and efficient.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi Cassandra! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to accommodate you group! We hope to see you again!