All reviewscookiessoupgreat hotelgreat breakfastking roombusiness tripsteamboat springsthe hotel staffoatmeala great stayhot tubwould highly recommend this hotelplace to stayclean roomsexcellent staffexcellent valuedefinitely stay here again
Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Surprised to find such a nice hotel in a small, and very nice, community in northwest Colorado, seemingly in the middle of high prairie. New hotel. Very clean rooms. Excellent breakfast choices. And even hot soup and chocolate chip cookies in evening if u didn't want to travel out for supper. Many work related guests and staff was as helpful to their regulars as to the travelers. Even gave us a good hiking idea for Steamboat Springs, our next destination

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank kramgarb
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Hotel was similar to many nice Hampton Inns that I have stayed at in the past. Breakfast was similar to others, and everything seemed in good shape. One real drawback was the air conditioner. Like many other hotels, the only bedding besides sheets was a heavy comforter on the bed. Because of the heavy covering and the high temperatures outside, we turned the air down to 68. The air conditioner system only works when there is motion in the room, with a motion detector mounted above the door. None of us moved enough during the night (and one bed is not even detectable by the device), thus the air shut off during the night. It's not much fun to wake up sweating. I would consider this hotel again, but do my research on how to fool the motion detector.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Illiniwek66
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

We apologize for the quality of services you received during your recent stay. We have reported the issues with the HVAC in your guest suite to our maintenance team. We use the motion detector to help conserve energy and be more “green” but the satisfaction of our guests is our first priority. We will resolve the issue with our maintenance team and hope you will consider staying with us at again the next time you return to the area. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Hands-down the best hotel I stayed in this business trip. From the moment I walked in to the moment I departed it was absolutely perfect. SPOTLESS. Didn't even have to use my Dreamy* :-)
Checked in in a nanosecond. They used my name every time they addressed me. Room was ready, clean, new, pristine, quiet. I would have slept on the floor, it was that clean. Pool, business center and common areas nothing less than 10 out of 10. Looks like they built it yesterday. The fitness ctr? excellent. The location? Perfect--not in the middle of town, but just on the west...I'm not sure how to give it more accolades. And the property had a conference going on--had no idea. They should be commended.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my first-floor room, since it was close to the business center, pool and workout room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ChessyCincinnati
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I love this hotel. They are more affordable than the holiday inn and I am so happy about that, because they are also that much better. The rooms are huge, and when I say huge, I mean HUGE! The beds and bedding were very comfortable. I adore the full five foot shower! The fitness room and pool are also well maintained and well equipped. There is more than just a bicycle and a treadmill, as most places seem to have. The breakfast was nice as well, they have some hot foods available in addition to the standard continental breakfast. I will be staying here whenever I come to Craig.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 3, 2012

By chance I saw xgamer1411's complaint about overcrowding at this Hampton Inn on May 28, and was astounded by the hotel manager's response.

I stayed at the hotel on the night of May 23 and the hotel staff knew at that time about Mitt Romney's impending visit. That's right - 4 days before the manager claimed they were "caught by surprise when the Romney Campaign notified us that they were arriving in 24 hours".

I've stayed at this hotel at least 15 nights in the last two years. The building is new, which creates as positive impression of the facilities. It would be unfair of me to compress negative impressions from a two year period (and different managers) into a single review - so I won't. A pointer for Manager Bates - address the core complaint (dog barking in the early hours and the hotel's need for a pet floor) not some red herring you have no control of (Mitt Romney).

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side of the hotel are quieter (noise from hotel aircon unit and highway).
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
leebCraig, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Craig, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Thank you for your review. While a short heads up is sometimes provided for these visits, for security purposes reservations are often confirmed and cancelled at the absolute last minute. As you can imagine, this makes scheduling and staffing difficult for a hotel. However, as I said before, we were disappointed to hear about xgamer1411's experience and welcome the chance to make it up to him/her should we have the pleasure of hosting them in Craig again. As for the dog barking in the early hours, we are attempting to address that matter on a different level, which we anticipate will resolve future issues. We thank you for your feedback.