All reviewscookiessoupgreat hotelgreat breakfastking roombusiness tripsteamboat springsthe hotel staffoatmeala great stayhot tubwould highly recommend this hotelplace to stayclean roomsexcellent staffexcellent valuedefinitely stay here again
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Hands-down the best hotel I stayed in this business trip. From the moment I walked in to the moment I departed it was absolutely perfect. SPOTLESS. Didn't even have to use my Dreamy* :-)
Checked in in a nanosecond. They used my name every time they addressed me. Room was ready, clean, new, pristine, quiet. I would have slept on the floor, it was that clean. Pool, business center and common areas nothing less than 10 out of 10. Looks like they built it yesterday. The fitness ctr? excellent. The location? Perfect--not in the middle of town, but just on the west...I'm not sure how to give it more accolades. And the property had a conference going on--had no idea. They should be commended.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my first-floor room, since it was close to the business center, pool and workout room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ChessyCincinnati
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I love this hotel. They are more affordable than the holiday inn and I am so happy about that, because they are also that much better. The rooms are huge, and when I say huge, I mean HUGE! The beds and bedding were very comfortable. I adore the full five foot shower! The fitness room and pool are also well maintained and well equipped. There is more than just a bicycle and a treadmill, as most places seem to have. The breakfast was nice as well, they have some hot foods available in addition to the standard continental breakfast. I will be staying here whenever I come to Craig.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 3, 2012

By chance I saw xgamer1411's complaint about overcrowding at this Hampton Inn on May 28, and was astounded by the hotel manager's response.

I stayed at the hotel on the night of May 23 and the hotel staff knew at that time about Mitt Romney's impending visit. That's right - 4 days before the manager claimed they were "caught by surprise when the Romney Campaign notified us that they were arriving in 24 hours".

I've stayed at this hotel at least 15 nights in the last two years. The building is new, which creates as positive impression of the facilities. It would be unfair of me to compress negative impressions from a two year period (and different managers) into a single review - so I won't. A pointer for Manager Bates - address the core complaint (dog barking in the early hours and the hotel's need for a pet floor) not some red herring you have no control of (Mitt Romney).

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side of the hotel are quieter (noise from hotel aircon unit and highway).
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
leebCraig, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Craig, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Thank you for your review. While a short heads up is sometimes provided for these visits, for security purposes reservations are often confirmed and cancelled at the absolute last minute. As you can imagine, this makes scheduling and staffing difficult for a hotel. However, as I said before, we were disappointed to hear about xgamer1411's experience and welcome the chance to make it up to him/her should we have the pleasure of hosting them in Craig again. As for the dog barking in the early hours, we are attempting to address that matter on a different level, which we anticipate will resolve future issues. We thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have to say, 99 times out of 100, this will probably not be a problem, but it should never be. I am of the belief that if I rent a hotel room, I should be able to stomp around all night long and not offend anyone below me and visa versa. If the floors and walls are that poorly built, you shouldn't rent out rooms. In my case, I was driving fifteen hours the next day and really wanted to get some sleep. The individuals above me were apparently practicing for the marching band until 1:00 a.m. As far as I'm concerned, they have the right to do this, but I was certainly kept awake by it. The hotel itself is clean and comfortable and the staff was above and beyond friendly. Love the fact that there is no tub and just a great big shower.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room away from the elevators. Rooms are noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Anonymous925
Reviewed May 26, 2012

We visited this Hampton Inn for a night during our trip. The staff was very friendly and helped us find a good restaurant for dinner. The room was very clean and had everything we needed. The hotel is pet friendly and had plenty of grass to walk and play with our four legged friend. One of my favorite aspects of Hampton Inns is how quiet the rooms can be. I'm a light sleeper and slept like a rock. Good stuff!

Room Tip: 4th floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family