“Great service and Great setting”

De Vere Wokefield Estate
“Great service and Great setting”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel 3 times now. I fully suggest upgradding to the Mansion House where the rooms are truly beautiful (and free fruit is included!). We often go back for a spa visit, everyone is friendly and there is free buscuits and sweets everywhere! Great surroundings... there is also a beautiful pub just around the corner which would be amazing in the summer - sadly we were there in the winter but it was still very cozy. Hotel has everything you will need. Sadly, on quiet weekends the breakfast doesnt have a wide choice and is not always buffett, but still good quality. Fully recomend staying here, fully recomend a Spa treatment too. Will be back soon... Amazing team too.

Room Tip: Mansion House are the best rooms... they include free fruit!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shaunmay8831
DWPFeedback, Manager at De Vere Wokefield Estate, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, we do look forward to seeing you here at Wokefield in the not so distant future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
Shifnal, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We had made a late booking for this hotel, but managed to be housed in the Mansion House. Our room was pleasant had good views over the golf course. Our evening meal was very good and we found the service to be good, as was the food. We took a walk over the complex later on, and felt that we would have been disappointed if we had booked into the main complex. Breakfast next day was also good. The tea and coffee facilities near to reception was a pleasant surprise.

Room Tip: We got the impression that the rooms in the Mansion House might be better than the main complex, alt...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your recent stay here at Wokefield. Great that you enjoyed the drinks facilities.
Kind Regards
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I have stated a Wokefield a few times before but have never walked around the grounds which were superb. Really pretty. Just eaten in the restaurant and the staff (chef who served us and waitress) could not do enough for us. My Son loves the free milk in reception and the Apply Mac's. A great place to stay and excellent value for money. We will be back soon!

Room Tip: Ideally stay in the main hotel but the Wellington Lodge is really nice.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Great to read that you had a memorable stay with us here at Wokefield. We do look forward to seeing you here again in the not so distant future.
Kind Regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Ive stayed here regularly and this is the first time ive used the spa. The staff in the spa are all amazing and i couldnt fault anything. I loved every second of it and cant wait to go back.
The rooms in the Executive quarter are basic and very outdated, in need of TLC but the rooms in the Mansion house are great and very clean and modern.
When booking packages the food served in the restaurant is horrible, buffet style which is understandable but not very edible. I found it bland and tasteless. (puddings are the best bit) I now when booking packages always tend to opt for eating in the bar, food so much better.

Room Tip: Mansion House rooms definitely worth that little bit of extra money
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank denooqy10
Thank you for taking the time to provide you feedback on trip advisor, great to hear that you enjoyed the Spa, but i am sorry to read there was certain elements that you felt let us down slightly. I do hope this will not put you off returning to Wokefield in the not so distant future.
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I arrived late at night on a late booking. I found the room to be quite nice with what I expected of a DeVere hotel though I'm not sure what the difference is with it being a Venues.

Sadly the tv didn't work even after the night porter intervened. At least I had the internet which was free.

The English breakfast was not great as it was warm at best.

The grounds and outside look fantastic and although it wasn't a great experience, it wouldn't stop me going again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide your review here on trip advisor.
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here along with other family members for a wedding event which was happening the following day. The service throughout this venue was the worst I have ever encountered, despite having stayed at the belfry (another de vere venue) on a number of occassions which is nothing like this appalling venue. We paid £114 for what was termed a family room and a further £20 for an additional 3 hours because my son was ill (although initially the receptionist was trying to weed out a further £70 which she insisted had to be paid 'there and then' - not at checkout)! When I requested a bottle of water, I was told they would be charging £4.50 (when room service card said £4) plus a further £3.50 to get it delivered to my room from the other building. .. great when you have already paid £114 for a room which is worth £30 - £40 at the most. In the end my husband ran over to the other building in the rain to get a bottle of water.

Service at the executive centre bar for food was comical. Everyone you saw there was complaining either about the food quality, timeliness of food and demanding refunds, including us.

What I fail to understand is that are numerous people complaining about the quality of this hotel and management replying to a few apologising, yet nothing has actually been done by management as the complaints date back a long time!

£114 was definitely hard earned money down the toilet, which I would have preferred to have spent on my kids!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Bal D
I am sorry to read that your son was ill and that your experience was not a memorable one for the right reasons. We do have a tray charge fee for items being delivered to room across the venue. I am sorry that you felt let down on this occasion.

Travelers are raving about these Stratfield Mortimer hotels

london
Reviewed May 29, 2014

If you looked at the photographs on the website of the beautiful mansion house on this property and even the well lit golf centre picture, you would think that you were in for a treat when you stayed at Wokefield Park and maybe if you stayed at the mansion house you might be, but if you were one of those like us staying in the main building, I think it is unlikely.Having read the other reviews, I think we may have got off lightly but in comparison to the many other Devere Venues we have stayed at, this has to be the worst experience. Arriving after a particularly arduous day of traffic jams and roadworks, we only wanted to get checked into our room, perhaps have a walk in the grounds and relax. In the end I think we finally got settled in our new(changed) room around midnight. We had been checked into a room which clearly was meant to have been taken out of service (two flat pillows impossible to sleep on, a missing remote control and a toilet which flooded the bathroom every time it was used) The highlight was however the housekeeper who clearly knew the problems and set our new room up very efficiently. Paint peeling and damaged doors everywhere, there seemed to be more problems being reported in the queue at reception. Just avoid the venue until you can be certain that it has turned into the version that DeVere have at Denham Grove or Latimer Place. Its not the place for a relaxing time. We are still waiting for the duty manager to have the courtesy to reply to us as promised on Sunday, I wonder if that is because they are inundated with too many complaints to deal with?

Room Tip: the mansion house looked lovely
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank starrylady
I am sorry to read that you first room did not meet your requirements, but am pleased that the housekeeping department dealt with this and rectified that situation. Please feel free to send me your details should you not of already received a call from a duty manager. I do sincerely apologise if this is the case.
Regards
Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11
Hilton Bracknell
Hilton Bracknell
#5 of 7 in Bracknell

Been to De Vere Wokefield Estate? Share your experiences!