De Vere Wokefield Estate
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Roselawn Hotel(Burghfield)
Highfield Park(Heckfield)
2,046 results
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Well after reading all the negative reviews on this hotel after booking we were quite concerned about our choice, but we would both have to say our stay was pleasant and relaxing. The hotel main building is strange compared with most hotels with its massive wide open space but it serves its purpose for marketing products like cars. Our room was overlooking the golf course nice size with small bathroom which was quiet at all times with no corridor noise. The food served for breakfast and evening meals was to a standard experienced at three star hotels. We both enjoyed the golf and the course was in fair shape for time of year, but a big shame on our second round we had to play five winter greens which was not a true test of the course. We would visit again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
DWPFeedback, Manager at De Vere Wokefield Estate, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to feedback on your recent stay here at Wokefield, Great to hear that your experience was a pleasant one. We look forward to you returning back to Wokefield hopefully in the not so distant future.
Kind Regards

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Having just returned from a two night stay here I really wouldn't recommend or stay here again. I live close to a DeVere Hotel which everyone raves about so we thought booking this was a great deal and we were onto a winner.. how wrong.

We arrived around 7pm on Sunday and checked in, were taken to a room with two single beds pushed together and a double duvet on top. There was also a horrendous smell outside this room and most of the second floor. Of course we complained and were moved to a double on the third floor promptly. The room itself was fine, spacious and clean. We then proceeded to go for dinner which is disappointingly a buffet style meal. We had paid for a DBB deal at £79.00 for the first night so we weren't expecting much. However the food was average at best, pasta was like mush, inedible. I ended up eating potatoes and carrots with some gravy. My partner tried the chicken curry which I would describe as mush also.

Breakfast in the morning wasn't much better, again a buffet style and a poor selection, brown bacon, yellow (baked?) scrambled egg. It really was disappointing.

**SWIMMING POOL/SPA** swimming pool is an average sized pool for swimming only, there was lessons on and a further 5/6 guests (altho I would say they were perhaps paying members of the golf/gym) that struggled to swim. We declined the use of the spa as I am currently expecting. I was expecting, like I have visited in many hotels, a spa/swimming pool together so please do not also make this mistake!

We stayed in the same room for a second night at a £70.00 with no dinner or B&B. We asked about this at reception as we were going to book an online deal at £55.00 and the receptionist advised that they cannot match prices online. Surely this is incorrect, what sort of a business couldn't match what a website offers when they are getting the money directly?

Anyway, overall the rooms were average, hotel was busy with a Theo Paphitis conference on and also the BMW training centre being there so I guess they don't need to try very hard. The golf course looked decent too but other than that I'd avoid.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback to your visit here at Wokefield, we do take all feedback on board and address and action any issues or concerns with our team, here at Wokefield we strive to meet all guests expectations and I'm sorry if on this occasion you felt let down in some area's. Once more I apologise if you felt let down by your visit. Again I thank you for taking the time to feedback.
Kind Regards

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Nice large clean room in a small seperate building away from main hotel lovely views and peaceful not tried food so cannot comment can help yourself to free tea coffee latte biscuits fruit around the manson house staff friendly

Room Tip: Wellington lodge good rooms
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback in regards to you recent stay here at wokefield.
Warm regards

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Booked this on a overnight business stay. Got shoved in some poor mans out-house in the back of the grounds - a far cry from the stunning mansion house or exec suite. Its a long walk from the main facilities. I stay in many hotels and have never been prompted to do this before. bad points:
Doors automatically set to slam. No phone coverage. No bath. Dodgy aircon that only blasts out cold even when set at 32.
there is also a fucntion going on here which is fair enough except for the fact that it seems that all areas are taken up by this so other guests do not feel welcome. Would not reccommend as a lone business traveller, Saying that if you want a golfing holiday with the lads, I bet it's grand!

Room Tip: Dont accept the Wellington lodge - it's an overspill garage with slam-happy doors and paper walls
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for providing the feedback from your stay here at Wokefield. I have fed back your feedback to the team, here at Wokefield we do believe in Great customer service I also sincerely apologise if that you encountered issues with the air con unit in your room.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this weekend for a company function. Our room was in the mansion house which I would recommend! The other part of the hotel looked like a retirement home from the outside. Out room was beautiful and very spacious. Lovely bathroom with a nice deep bath. We had an issue with the heating not working which was sorted out in 5 mins. The only downside was the food as it was a major let down but the service was 1st class. Lovely hotel, would recommend for a night away.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Danni_Williams

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to post your feedback after your recent stay here at Wokefield :)