All reviewsfamily outingrooms are spaciousmombasa roadget awaynatural settinglocal ingredientsbusiness meetingmosquito networkshopgiraffesnairobiwifimealsconferencingfacilitynpstoiletries
Reviewed April 26, 2017 via mobile

A very secluded place within a serene environment fit for business discussion. It is also recommended for family outing. A very romantic environment with excellent rooms and excellent quisines. Located just a few kilometers from Nairobi along the busy Nairobi-Mombasa road.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2017

This place has lovely large grounds, a nice buffet restaurant, and decent rooms. But the last time I was there, I was kept awake for much of a Thursday night (not even a weekend!) by an extremely loud and rowdy party on the grounds that didn't end until my friend went out at 3:30 am and repeatedly insisted that the inept night manager do something about it. We later tried to get some compensation for the lost night's sleep, but the attitude seemed to be, "What our guests do here is not our problem."

It's really too bad, because otherwise I like this place. But the lack of respect for guests was not to be borne.

Stayed: February 2017
david k, General Manager at Maanzoni Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your honest review of our hotel, indeed it is through such honest reviews that we able to move from good to great.
Am so sorry that the issue of loud music interrupted your night and you did not appreciate the attitude displayed by our staff members on the same.
Let me assure you that we are committed to our guest comfort and satisfaction at all times while at the hotel and your concerns have been taken with seriousness it deserves and i can assure you that was a one off .
we have put strict measures in place to ensure that does not reoccur again.
we look forward to another opportunity to host you.
Kind regards

Reviewed February 14, 2017

Excellent Customer relations. Good food, Clean rooms. I liked the spotless white towels.
Its a good place to spend a weekend with your family. However, If you have kids, carry with you a laptop for them to view cartoon from.
Can consider adding some good content for the kids to view also.

My rate is 70% though.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank _samuelkameni
Reviewed February 4, 2017 via mobile

I've stayed here twice within a space of 4 months. Everything such as customer customer service, quality and quantity of food etc. in this place is based on how busy they are. This place caters to conference groups so if you are unlucky enough to be just one group among many you'll find that the staff cannot keep up. The rooms are average at best although the room sizes are good and the sheets and bed and everything else is clean. Please note that there is no air conditioning or even fans provided in the rooms and this is OK most times of the year. Not all rooms have a safe and then some of the rooms are located quite close to the main road so you cannot get away from the noise. However if you're fortunate enough to get a room located in a quiet part of the premises it is nice waking up to the sound of birds and being in a more natural setting. That is the best part about this place - the garden-like setting. Staff are friendly and competent when they're not too many guests around and while the food is overall pretty good after a few days the buffet keeps repeating the same options. In my group of 25 colleagues we had 3 to 4 people who felt sick because of the food! I really wanted to give a good recommendation to this place but both my experiences were pretty mixed!

Stayed: January 2017, traveled on business
david k, General Manager at Maanzoni Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review, we will work round the clock to ensure the issues you raised are corrected.
One of our key responsibility is guest satisfaction indeed we apologize for the bad experience you had while staying with us.
we value your comments and look forward to hosting you again.
best regards

Reviewed January 23, 2017 via mobile

Excellent customer relations, very very good food and in large servings, well maintained pool, wonderful conference facilities. Comfortable beds, clean towels, sufficient toiletries. This is just the place to be. Pleasant Lukenya hills view from some of the rooms , complemented with evening nature walks. Beautiful place. Special thanks to Boniface front office for ensuring l got the room that I requested for. I would recommend this hotel.

The only thing that's lacking are door curtains especially in the night when security lights from outside penetrate the rooms. Please do something about it.

Excellent rating from my end though.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled on business
david k, General Manager at Maanzoni Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2017

Dear Charity,
Greetings from Maanzoni lodge
This is to thank you for your comments on the TripAdvisor, and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
The Issue of the curtain on the door has been noted and we will do something about it.
looking forward to another great time in our Hotel
Best Regards