“Average food in a Convenient Location”
Review of Alpinista Family Bistro - CLOSED

Alpinista Family Bistro
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, European
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Des Moines, Iowa
“Average food in a Convenient Location”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

While staying in a condo at Copper Mountain recently, we ate a dinner and breakfast at Alpinista. For dinner, my husband and I ordered the cheese fondue with vegetables. The cheese mix itself was very good, with a blend of several cheeses and there was a large amount of vegetables; however, only carrots, broccoli and mushrooms were on the platter. With such a broad range of possibilities, I was surprised to see only three vegetables! The Manager came over and recommended that we return in the morning for crepes. Although dinner wasn't spectacular, several in our group love crepes, so we decided to try breakfast the next morning. It was a surprise to find that crepes were not on the menu! We asked and they said they would check. In the end they did provide the crepes and they were good, although the service was really slow and other food served was average.

Woodbury, Minnesota
“We don't have a toaster...”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

A friend and I spent July 3-6 at Wanderlust/Copper Mt. We had breakfast here on two days in a row. The first day was great! Over the top service, food was good. Coffee was good. Sat on the patio in the sun for some great peoplewatching. The second day it was like we visited a completely different place. The toast was basically warm bread, after getting the same warm bread back upon returning it the server admitted that they make it on the grill because "we don't have a toaster." My pancake was batter in the middle so I just ate the outside rim. The server did discount my meal. We found another place to eat breakfast for the next couple of days. They did have a special lunch/dinner menu for the event that looked great but we didn't get to try it. I probably wouldn't go back.

• Visited July 2013
“Like being part of Pete's family”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We came up on 7/3/13 , and had & least four meals w, Pete , mike & there wonderful staff , we prepaid for Saturday 's dinner for religious reasons Pete could not have been more wonderful , we had the potrabella burger , veggie lasagna , every special they had among the micro brews they had on tap , a must if u visit copper mountian Judy & David

Xi'an, China
“Some great deals, food and service”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I know the manager and he is great with his staff here! The offer meal deals at times and the price for quality of food is so worth every penny! Their burgers are juicy. Good beer too!

• Visited December 2012
Somerset, Wisconsin
“Wish it wasn't closing day”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We actually stopped here at the end of closing day. They had limited ingredients which is totally understandable for closing weekend. I liked the look of the menu and was happy that you could get food that wasn't all fried. I'm sure had I been here a few weeks prior I would have really enjoyed the full menu.

• Visited April 2013