“Tubing Hill Scary!”
Review of Copper Mountain

Copper Mountain
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Frisco or San Francisco. Denver or Dallas. It doesn't matter where you're from. If you've skied here, you've been raised on some of the best Colorado has to offer. For generations, people have valued a down-to-earth ski experience that puts friends, family and a relaxed mountain atmosphere above all else. It's why the Colorado front range has always considered Copper the home team, and why families from across the globe call Copper home. The place you go for a mountain experience that's refreshingly void of pretense. Wherever your home address may be, if you've skied here, you've been raised on Colorado. Welcome home.
Colorado Springs, CO
299 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,028 helpful votes
“Tubing Hill Scary!”
Reviewed April 21, 2006

The Tubing Hill is so scary! We chose this resort versus the other one in Colorado which has tubing lanes because the lanes were longer and have varying degrees of pitch (some slower, some faster lanes).

The problem is - they ice down the lanes so when you go down (even the slow lane) you go very fast and fly up the sides of the lane - going vertical! Scary! (no wonder you have to sign release forms to not sue if you're injured!).

One of the lanes even has a jump in it. When we went down (you can go as a group, holding onto the handles of the other tubes), our tubes spun and I ended up going over the jump backwards! Very scary! Screamed all the way down!

There is a surface lift "magic carpet" to ride up - like an escalator - just stand on it with your tube behind you and you both ride back to the top without having to walk and haul your tube with you.

It's expensive and you pay per hour. Must have reservations though as they sell out for nearly every hour. Guess there are those out there who seek more of a thrill than I was! We wanted a fun afternoon where me and my son could go down the slow lanes and my daughter and husband could go down the fast lanes - but they are ALL fast.

They will even spin your tube (if you want) so you spin fast and fly down the lanes at the same time. I wouldn't let them spin me but on the last time down I allowed them to spin the kids (who were begging to be spun) and they screamed the whole way down - but loved it!!!

There is alway a wait on the top to go down the lanes because they rent 80-90 tubes per session. But the lines went fairly quickly. I think we got to down a total of 5 times in the hour since each time from going up, waiting in line, going down, and riding back up takes 10-15min each time.

It was fun (but I don't want to do it again even though the kids do!) but be prepared for a scary ride down! You are totally out of control on the ice, go vertical, and spin (even if they don't spin you - you still spin around some as you go down). A scary ride!

12 Thank nowincolorado

“Great place”
Reviewed October 12, 2004

We spend 5 nights at copper last March and had a great time. Everybody was very friendly and good at what their jobs were.
We stayed at Taylor's Crossing, overlooking the lake/rink, less than 100 yards to 2 different lifts.
Plenty snow and apre ski activities.
Going back this March.
Val

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
“Snow Filled Fun!!!”
Reviewed September 11, 2003

It is an excellent place to go to have an AWESOME time! Kids can have fun on slopes, go to ski school, or just ski around with friends and family! It is a very beautiful area with great ski instructors! I reccomend you grab one!! Shopping is nice and if your ready to have fun GO TO COPPER!!!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Skiing, Little Night Life”
Reviewed May 17, 2003

We absolutely loved Copper Mountain! The skiing is the best around. Terrain is suitable for a week of skiing for all levels. I would recommend staying in the Center Village if you have kids. For those that are blue or black run skiers the East Village is really great. The only downside to Copper Mountain is there is very little night life. And very little choices for family dining. If your eating during the day you can get great food just about anywhere, but once 6:oopm roll around everything is shut down, including some shops. The condo lodging there is very nice at the premium level, but the condos are very small. If you have a family of 4 and can afford a 2 bedroom get it!!! All the rooms are just a short walk to the slopes, very convienient with kids, the shuttle service was also good. We'll definatly be back.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member