“We really enjoyed Copper.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Copper Mountain

Copper Mountain
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Frisco or San Francisco. Denver or Dallas. It doesn't matter where you're from. If you've skied here, you've been raised on some of the best Colorado has to offer. For generations, people have valued a down-to-earth ski experience that puts friends, family and a relaxed mountain atmosphere above all else. It's why the Colorado front range has always considered Copper the home team, and why families from across the globe call Copper home. The place you go for a mountain experience that's refreshingly void of pretense. Wherever your home address may be, if you've skied here, you've been raised on Colorado. Welcome home.
New Zealand
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“We really enjoyed Copper.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We are keen skiers from New Zealand and with an average season last year felt that we needed more snow contact. Our ski passes allowed us to ski for free at Copper..as long as we booked our accommodation through a particular company.
The beauty of the place! What a terrific resort. The Mill Club was so flash!
The snow was gorgeous and even though it was MLK weekend, the crowds were not too bad, compared to NZ standards. However the regulars were all 'complaining' about the lack of snow - certainly enough for us wide eyed kiwis who all thought it heavenly.
I had an enjoyable morning skiing with my 13 year of son through the trees, watching squirrels.
We thought we would all be solid blue run participants but the sheer size and width of the runs soon allowed us to get really good at the black runs.
The terrain park was enormous. Both kids had sessions at Woodward with mornings inside the barn on the trampolines then afternoons on the park and pipes.
We skied every day for six days. The apres ski was virtually non existent but we were so worn out that it didn't matter, enjoying early and quiet nights instead.
A session on the tubing hill was a blast and further exercise!
We went to Frisco on the free bus for supplies. A great service offered as well as the buses taking you from village to village.
I highly recommend the Secret Pass which allows you to jump the queue. Not perhaps for the midweek days but it was handy for MLK weekend.
Every member of staff working at the resort were friendly...especially the tubing guys. The Woodward coaches skilled and keen.
I really hope we get to return.....next year!

4 Thank ralphey

Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Love Copper!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We really like visiting Copper Mtn for our ski vacation. It is more laid back and friendly than 'fancy-schmancy' near by mountains of Breckenridge, Vail. It suits us perfectly as it is smaller, more economical, less busy along with great skiing and grooming. If you get the coupon booklet, you can get 2 for 1 lift tickets which is unheard of for any big mountain in Colorado! An amazing deal! It is right off I-70 which makes an easy drive from DIA.

1 Thank Halifaxian
Plymouth, Massachusetts
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Great Mountain for all levels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went with two of my grown children and my SIL. My youngest is an exceptionally good boarder. I am a solid intermidiate skier (by New England standards) and my SIL is a beginner boarder. My daughter was unable to participate as she is currently pregnant. All three of us went to the top of Rendezvous for the first run. We skied Union Park to Sluice (both of which would have been blue squares in NE) to Coppertone (which is more of what we were used to). After the first run my son took off on his own. He had a blast and could not get over how big and challenging the mountain was. MY SIL and I stuck to the West side of the mountain and had a blast, rarely skiing the same terrain twice. My daughter was adequately entertained as there is so much to do in Central Village. And the views.....

1 Thank Momski1620
Mays Landing, New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Don't ski and still want to have fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Then try tubing at Copper Mountain. This is an exhilarating experience which will fill you with happiness. The setup here is made very easy by a people mover just like at the airport only narrower that brings you effortless to the top of the slope where the fun begins. The tubes are all first class and the staff are all friendly and helpful to make your experience fun filled. Dollar for dollar you cannot beat this, thirty per person for two hours of tubing. More fun than a water park. Our party of five went on a Sunday and had no trouble returning to the top for another run. Highly recommend Copper Mountain.

Fort Collins, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Copper Rocks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Our family had a blast skiing Copper. They didn't have all the expert runs open for lack of snow, so my son was a little upset, but that's mother nature's fault. We skied lot's of great runs and the snow was very nice and it was NOT CROWDED! I'll never go back to Breck after our time at Copper. It's so much more family friendly and not skiing around the crowds is so much niced.