“Don't ski and still want to have fun”
Review of Copper Mountain

Copper Mountain
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Frisco or San Francisco. Denver or Dallas. It doesn't matter where you're from. If you've skied here, you've been raised on some of the best Colorado has to offer. For generations, people have valued a down-to-earth ski experience that puts friends, family and a relaxed mountain atmosphere above all else. It's why the Colorado front range has always considered Copper the home team, and why families from across the globe call Copper home. The place you go for a mountain experience that's refreshingly void of pretense. Wherever your home address may be, if you've skied here, you've been raised on Colorado. Welcome home.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Then try tubing at Copper Mountain. This is an exhilarating experience which will fill you with happiness. The setup here is made very easy by a people mover just like at the airport only narrower that brings you effortless to the top of the slope where the fun begins. The tubes are all first class and the staff are all friendly and helpful to make your experience fun filled. Dollar for dollar you cannot beat this, thirty per person for two hours of tubing. More fun than a water park. Our party of five went on a Sunday and had no trouble returning to the top for another run. Highly recommend Copper Mountain.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Our family had a blast skiing Copper. They didn't have all the expert runs open for lack of snow, so my son was a little upset, but that's mother nature's fault. We skied lot's of great runs and the snow was very nice and it was NOT CROWDED! I'll never go back to Breck after our time at Copper. It's so much more family friendly and not skiing around the crowds is so much niced.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Copper Mountain has always been one of my favorite ski locations! I finally got the chance to take my kids 6 and 9. It was their favorite place too. Ranked #1 for blues and greens. My 6 year old actually did her first black here. Great place. I loved it. Long slopes, good grooming, but too much grooming isn't always a good thing. It was really cold when we were there but there were plenty of places to warm up and get something warm to eat. Its still one of my favorite places to ski.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Copper Mountain is naturally separated by terraine into beginner, intermediate, and advanced areas. This means you ususally don't have hot doggers on green runs, nor will you find yourself dodging inept skiers on more advanced runs.I'm a green-blue skier, and found most of the runs to be wide, sunny, and well groomed. Staff is universally friendly and helpful- an employee in the rental area was able to help out a guest having problems with their locker, another ran a grooming report for us, and a third keyed us to a better way to store our shoes for the day. The busses to the parking area run every 2-3 minutes or so, so it's a breeze to get from parking to the ski area. My only complaint this time at Copper is that there has been very little snow this year, many runs have obstacles or grassy spots, yet I never saw a snow machine in operation, and it was definatley cold enough to run them.. We bought the 4 pack, which is one of the best deals in Colorado for skiers like me who only ski 3-5 days a year.
We stayed in Dillon and it was about a 10 minute drive to Copper- not much further than Keystone and maybe closer than Breckenridge.. Copper is a 1st class resort with some great ski deals.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is great mountain for groups with varying experience levels. There are plenty good slopes for all levels of skiers of snowboarders. All the slopes end at Village West, Center Village, or Village East with adequate signage on the slopes making it easy to get to your room from the mountain. The staff was very friendly, the mountain is beautiful, and lodging is affordable. Great shopping at Vail is 20 minutes away, the nearest WalMart and grocery store is 10 minutes away (in Frisco), and Breckenridge is about 15 minutes away. Lift tickets are a little pricey, so look for discounts/coupons before coming. Overall, it's a great mountain and a great resort area. I'd recommend to anyone who loves to ski or snowboard.