“Great Bar and Restaurant..!”

Linn Duachaill Restaurant at The Glyde Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Annagassan
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Glyde Inn sits at the heart of natural beauty. A place of sandy beach, deep blue sea and distant granite mountains. Linn Duachaill restaurant has garnered praise from press and public alike since its opening, for the fresh seasonal dishes prepared by award winning chefs and offered up alongside stunning views of Dundalk Bay and the Mountains of Mourne. The friendly efficient staff are sure to make your visit a treat to remember.
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Bar and Restaurant..!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We were recommended this great Pub and Restaurant when in Dublin by a Paddywagon guide, so we decided to take a trip for some lunch. The food was excellent, very reasonably priced and the service was excellent. There are lovely views from this little hidden treasure and it is so..so worth a visit.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Laura E

• Polish first
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I cannot say enough about the Linn Duachaill Restaurant. We ate there three nights and each night was a pleasure. The service was excellent, the presentation was outstanding and the food was heavenly. Anyone who say the Irish are all meat and potatos has not experience the excellent food at Linn Duachaill.

Visited November 2012
Slane, Ireland
“Heavenly Sea Food”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is a fabulous traditional Irish Pub with a superb restaurant attached. I have visited the Glyde Inn on many occasions over the last couple of years and have always come away with a contented stomach and in great form after the warm, courteous service we have received. But today took the biscuit, their award winning sea food chowder was an experience second to none, every mouthful was exquisite and went down a treat after a long walk on the beach. As usual I found the staff warm, welcoming and courteous. What a treat!

• Visited November 2012
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

We have been in the front bar a couple of times and had lunch at the bar which was fine for a snack. So we decided to go into the restaurant for a nice meal. The staff where run off there feet so they took a while to take our order. Eventually they did and we waited about half an hour for our starters. Then when the meal came it was dripping in garlic butter, I literally had to tilt it off my plate. It had no taste whatsoever. Then when we complained they didn't do anything. I won't be going into the restaurant anytime soon. Stick to the bar menu!

2 Thank sillybed
linnduachaillfood, Manager at Linn Duachaill Restaurant at The Glyde Inn, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
I am very sorry that you had a disappointing dining experience at Linn Duachaill Restaurant. It can get very busy and, as all our meals are freshly prepared, there can be a wait. That said, I understand that it can be frustrating to be kept waiting. Our staff members are trained to deal with our customers’ needs in a considerate and polite manner. It is a matter of concern that your complaint was not dealt with to your satisfaction and I will certainly look into this.
Hamilton, Canada
“The Best Fish I Ever Ate”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

It was a rainy afternoon last week, the last day of my trip to Ireland and Annagassan was on my list because of the book I have been writing for over 4 years ( sort of a historical romance taking place in Ireland in the 9th century). I ordered the fish of the day with my Guiness and the food was utterly fantastic, every bite of it, and will be a fond memory for a long time. I told them so too! Incidently the girl who was our server was wonderfully attentive and when I asked if she had a pen she said "Anything for you." Could it be my viking looks? It is in my heritage too. Imagine my surprise from the nice store owner across the road when he told me they (The owners) were viking descended from the 11th century. I felt like I had met family. And if anyone can cook a fish well....it is a viking......

• Visited October 2012
linnduachaillfood, Manager at Linn Duachaill Restaurant at The Glyde Inn, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Im really glad you enjoyed your experience at Linn Duachaill Restaurant, all our fish comes whole, straight from John Kirwan's Boat in Clogherhead so its as fresh as you can get and im delighted you also recognised the Viking connection here in Annagassan.

Hope you see you back again soon

Conor