“excellent for bird watching”
Review of Assateague Beach

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I visited with my friend and her two daughters and we had a wonderful time. The diversity of the landscape and types of wildlife in this small area kept everybody interested, having fun and learning all at the same time. We enjoyed watching the ponies and many different types of birds. The beach was beautiful (if it was a little bit warmer it would have been a lovely place to test the water). Would definitely stop here again and spend more time -- we were just passing through the area and did a relatively quick detour.

2  Thank MIchelle D

Reviewed April 18, 2014

from the wild horses to the innumerable wading birds, and some decent waves to surf, this has been a favorite since my teen years and I am so glad the masses go just north to ocean city and Delaware to leave this free for us

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I visisted Assateague Beach with my wife and two sons and had an amazing time. The beach was beautiful white sand and a convient walk from parking. A wood plank path lead from the parking lot to the beach so it was easy to roll our gear most of the way to the beach. Don't miss the visiter center a great place to learn about the island and it had some habit displays with live crabs and fish etc. My sons really enjoyed the visitor center. We spent the better part of the day on the beach and made a side trip to the back bay for some crabbing and clamming. Great for a summer day trip.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

If you are driving from Maryland side, you got to visit this beach.. its so different... the beautiful sand, the wild horses trotting about, so wild so pristine... its just a whole different place.. We camped in the backwater... Kayaked our way to the campsite on the backwaters...The place is a great contrast to the busy Ocean City Boardwalk... between the two (OC and here) you actually get the best of both kid of beach life and within a 9 miles distance.. I say its a WIN!!

2  Thank Ambience B
Reviewed April 6, 2014

This area is BEAUTIFUL! We were here in early April. So, it was not crowded and a very crisp day. We were able to see 5-6 wild horses. We walked on the beach and watched dolphins as well. We could be there only a couple of hours, as we had a ferry to catch. It is WELL worth the trip.

Note that part of the park is free and the back part requires a $15 fee. We had no problem paying to see such an amazing place. Also, watch the speed limits! We were speeding and did get a warning from the police.

3  Thank abakeraday