“The best fillet and lobster I can remember having!”
Review of St Aubyn Arms

St Aubyn Arms
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The St Aubyn Arms is a modern day Country pub that was refurbished in 2011 giving it a fresh & bright feeling, yet still full of Cornish character. Our bar is always fully stocked of wines and beers from around the world. We pride ourselves on our 4 real taps that play host to some amazing ales both locally and sometimes guesting from different parts of the country. Betty Stogs and Proper Job are our 2 house ales and wont be beaten in our opinion! Our restaurant seats over 50 people and hosts a fantastic classic pub style menu. Steak and ale pie and Beer battered Fish n Chips are 2 dishes that prove to be very popular! We have a lovely beer garden to the back of the pub which is a wonderful place to relax and unwind in the summer months and is actually a fantastic sun trap during the day! To the rear of the pub we have ample FREE off road parking for our customer and with level access from there to the back door, it is perfect for wheel chair users etc.
“The best fillet and lobster I can remember having!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Locally fresh caught fish and shellfish combined with one of the nicest fillets I can remember having! The surf and turf was on the specials board so I can't guarantee you will see it when you go but if it's on it's a must have! The children's menu was great with huge portions. Ben, the landlord was welcoming and friendly and the service we had was very good. We are lucky enough to live close by so will be returning. On this evenings experience I can confidently recommend The St Aubyn Arms to other trippers.

Camborne, United Kingdom
“Good pub food”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is our local (although a couple of miles away) and we thought we would give it a go since we haven't eaten there since it changed hands. The new owners have re-branded it as a steak house and the interior decor is very light, clean and modern. We went there for lunch and had a couple of steaks, plus the kids had scampi and a burger. All very good, well cooked (my steak was only just about rare if I'm honest) and tasty. Its not classy restaurant food, but good solid pub grub, well presented and reasonably priced. Mind you they have an A La Carte menu in the evenings which may be more up market. Puds were lovely, was disappointed they only had one portion of Saffron bread and butter pudding left - which my daughter nabbed - but the Baileys Torte made up for it. Recommended.

Truro, United Kingdom
“Improved since I was last there”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I recently had a steak meal special offer with a friend. £20 for two meals plus a bottle of wine. The meal was very nice, a vast improvement on the last time I went (last year). Nice to see a bit of green on the plate (peas) and mushrooms and onion rings too. A bit of tomato would have been nice but, hey, you cant have everything. The steak was cooked just as I like it.

Worth a visit

Visited May 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Two wonderful meals!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was lucky enough to have both lunch and dinner in this smashing place. We had fantastic service and really enjoyed our food. The fillet steak was bliss, Monk fish and Chorizo, starter delicious. We had a great steak and Ale pie and wowie desserts which were so moorish and yummy! A special mention for the bread and butter pudding and berry crumble. What I also loved was the use of Cornish local goods, such as saffron bread, locally caught fish and locally sourced meat. There was a great selection of Ales and also a really good wine list. I would recommend this lovely place to any visitor because it is one of those 'hidden' little gems!

Devonport, United Kingdom
“Very happy.”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Having heard that the St Aubyn Arms had undergone a refurbishment we decided to book a table for our first night in Cornwall. When looking online I discovered we could get a voucher for two steaks and a bottle of wine for £20. Our first impression was very good. Very warm welcome and great service. The steaks were good, perfectly cooked as we requested and the white wine was excellent. In fact, we enjoyed the evening so much we booked for our last evening in Cornwall. They even gave us another voucher. Dinner on the Friday was equally good. From personal experience we would recommend The St.Aubyn Arms.